Reasons Why We Missed our Roommates Over the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

1.      They support our dumb ideas:  So what if we want to skip the homework and party on school nights, your roommates will never say no to a fun night out.

2.      They make waking up easy: 8 a.m. classes are a lot less daunting when you are waking up to your best friends.

3.      They’re the best cooks (or at least a fun dinner date):  Whether we’re slaving away in the kitchen, just making a microwave pizza, or giving up and just going out to dinner, they’re always the most fun people to do it with.

4.      They make us laugh no matter what:  One of them falls down the stairs on the first day of classes and we always to laugh.

5.      They’re a part of all your inside jokes again:  People just looked at us funny when we cracked a joke over the summer, now you’re back with the people who understand our horrible sense of humor and inside jokes.

6.      They accept when we’re slobs:  Dirty dishes in the sink and clothes all over our room?  They’re not our moms, they don’t care!

7.      They’re always down for pizza:  This may in fact be one of the best things about Bryant roommates.  We all have one that will without fail go to Ronzio’s for pizza with us at 2 a.m., because what else are friends for?

8.      They’re always honest:  Our moms still think that anything  we try on looks cute, but our roommates are always there to make sure we look our best all the time.

9.      Their closets:  Plain and simple, who doesn’t love having seven closets and so many pairs of shoes!?

10.   They motivate you to go to the gym / eat healthy… even if it’s just for a day:  Whether we want to do a juice cleanse, not eat carbs for the week, or work out extra hard, our roommates are always there to support some crazy idea and lend some moral support.

11.    They watch our guilty pleasure T.V. Shows: Bachelor in Paradise? Big Brother? Dancing with the Stars? No matter what our roommies will always watch along and try to understand even of they haven’t watched since we moved out in the spring.