This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Photo Credit

1.  All the seniors are so hot (and everyone is older than you):  Your first year in college is just as awesome as being a freshman in high school again, where you walk the halls on the first day and can’t help but stare at all the older guys. There’s no worries about them being younger than you, and in the first week of college you probably develop the longest list of crushes you have ever had in your life. 

2.  School isn’t hard:  Freshman writing and your introductory math class are probably no worse than anything you took in high school. You have no worries until all of the sudden junior year you’re in Global Financial Markets or some class that requires intelligence and you’re wondering what happened to your Dean’s list worthy GPA…..

3.  No pressures about jobs or internships yet:  When you’re a senior you dread being asked what your plans are for graduation, and junior year you’re feeling the pressure to find a good internship.  But as a freshman you can just go back to your high school babysitting or waitressing job for the summer and not have any worries!

4.  Everyone was your best friend and you love everyone:  Freshman year is the best time because everyone is open to meeting new people. Every time you meet someone new you figure out that they know your ex-boyfriend’s cousin’s roommate, or that you have some weird connection that makes you automatic best friends. 

5.  No one has baggage yet:   Remember in high school when you had braces and a really weird obsession with army pants and flip flops during sophomore year?  Luckily, no one in college knows that yet.

6.  Visiting your home friends at their schools is the most exciting experience:  The first time you go to visit your best friends from home at college is always a memorable night.  It’s so exciting to go see new schools and experience their new college life, and your friends are always happy to show it off!

7.   You’re not too sick of the dining hall food yet:  After four years of eating in the same place two or three times every day, you start to run out of options. But freshman year is so exciting because you are just experiencing the joy of being able to eat pizza for every meal if that’s what your heart desires (just beware of the freshman fifteen!)

8.  Missing a night out is just not acceptable:  As a freshman you could be sick in bed with the flu one minute and the next you’re rallying for a Friday night out with your friends. But going to the same places for the same parties with the same people can get old after a few years, and as you get older you find it a lot harder to get yourself out of your comfy bed on the weekends. 

9.  You still have the best four years of your life ahead of you:  Instead of sitting around with all of your girlfriends and crying about how you’re graduating and entering the real world, you’re always talking about how fun it will be to be upperclassmen and run the school.