Real College Girls Style: How to Rock Floral Pants Trend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Real College Girl Style is a style blog series created by our talented HC Bryant staff and features real college girls on our campus. All the clothes featured on this series are clothes owned and worn by real college girls. This blog series shows realistic outfits that all college girls can recreate. It’s great to get style inspiration from celebrities but the best style inspiration comes from girls like us – Real College Girls!

Jessica Alba, along with other style mavens like Olivia Palermo and Beyonce have been sported rocking floral pants in chilly low temperatures. Floral pants might seem like something you break during the Spring season but do be be mislead collegiates, floral pants and printed pants in general are one of the fall/winter season’s staple trends. Floral pants are all the rage this season and the great part is you can wear them during all four seasons.

When Gillian and I first saw these pants she thought they were too busy especially for Rhode Island’s current 40 degree weather. By the time she paired the pants with the white blouse, cobalt blue blazer, and sassy pink heels she was absolutely loving her look! The trick is is to choose one or two colors that compliment the print of the pants. Jessica Alba chose to match  her pants with the orange and green notes seen in her pants. Gillian complimented the colors in her pants with a cobalt blue blazer from Forever21 and pink heels also from Forever21. Forover21,  TopShop, and Asos have a ton of floral pants similar to the ones Gillian is wearing.

So come on collegiettes try something new and spunk up your winter closet! The most important part about trying out any style is- Having FUN with it and OWNING it – Gillian was obviously having too much fun :)

Devon is a senior at Bryant University.  As a Marketing and Communications major, Her Campus is everything that Devon loves. Her hometown of Rutland, Vermont is where she was born and raised.  She attended Philadelphia University for her freshmen year of college as a Fashion Industry Management major, but discovered her true passion was the business aspect of the fashio industry, leading her to transfer to a nationally ranked business school, Bryant University.  Devon is the co-president of the Her Campus chapter at Bryant and is also a Research Assistant in the school's Office of Planning and Institutional Research.  You will see Devon on campus organizing HC events, running around finishing projects, or hanging out with her friends.  Devon's passions include: writing, dance, the ocean, and spending time with the people she loves.