Quality Makeup that Won’t Break the Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

As college girls, we know two things: we want to look good, but we don’t want to spend a lot of money. There are some great products you can find at your local drugstore, Target, or online that are such good quality, you’d be surprised how affordable they are! Unfortunately, sometimes the makeup aisle can be overwhelming and you don’t know where to start, but Her Campus Bryant is here to help! We have a complete list of all the products you need to achieve a flawless face of makeup, all at affordable prices.

Primer: NYX Angel Veil Skin Perfecting Primer

This primer is both hydrating and illuminating, and gives you that “lit from within” type of glow. It is the perfect base for applying foundation because it beautifully smooths out the skin, giving you a flawless canvas for the rest of your makeup application. This product is very lightweight and won’t clog your pores, making it super comfortable for all day wear. This primer retails for about $15.00, which is a little pricey for the drugstore, but it is worth every penny.

Foundation: Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1

This liquid foundation provides great, buildable coverage in a wide range of colors for girls of every skin tone. It is the perfect everyday foundation for the busy college girl because it lasts all day long, and looks fabulous without needing any touch-ups. The formula is great for all different skin types because it provides a natural finish: not too matte for dry skin girls, nor too dewy for girls battling oily skin. This foundation even has SPF 20 – what more could we ask for? This foundation retails for about $12.00.

Concealer: Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

This concealer is lightweight, but has enough pigmentation to cover up those pesky under-eye dark circles you get from staying up too late studying. It easily blends out into any foundation, and comes in a great range of colors for girls of every skin tone. It is natural coverage, buildable, and never cakey: it seriously sells itself. PRO TIP: get your concealer two shades lighter than your skin tone to brighten up those under-eyes. This product retails for about $7.00 — what a steal!

Bronzer: Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer

This bronzer is the perfect, natural shade that doesn’t make your skin look muddy. It can be used to contour, and warm up your skin – who doesn’t love a two for one? The name says it all: this bronzer is BUTTERY. The formula is super blend-able, and melts right into your skin. The best part of this product is that it smells like coconuts! You will truly feel like you’re on a tropical vacation when you put this on. This bronzer retails for $13.00, but gives you enough product to last you for months.

Blush: Milani Baked Blushes

The baked blushes by Milani are the perfect product to add a nice flush of color to your cheeks every day. They’re highly pigmented so you only need the slightest bit of product to get great color pay-off, but they are easily blend-able as well. These blushes come in a wide range of both shimmery and matte colors, so there truly is a shade for everyone. The shade Luminoso, which is a cult favorite, is the perfect shade of peach for everyday wear. These blushes retail for $7.00.

Highlight: Wet N Wild Highlight in “Boozy Brunch”

This highlight by Wet N Wild will give you that J-Lo glow for cheap. “Boozy Brunch” is a champagne highlight that compliments so many skin tones, and adds a radiant pop of shimmer on your cheekbones. It makes you look fresh faced without being too overwhelming as a highlight, but can also be build up to achieve an intense color pay-off. The formula is pigmented, but blend-able, and SO worth the $6.00 it retails for.

Mascara: Maybelline Volum’ Express The Rocket

This mascara features a clump-free, gel-like formula that glides onto your lashes for extreme volume. The micro-bristles on the wand will give your lashes both length and volume without looking spidery. This mascara will keep your lashes lifted all day, and won’t flake underneath your eyes. Make sure you pick up this awesome mascara next time you’re at the drugstore because it retails for just $7.00!

Lips: Colourpop Ultra Matte, Ultra Satin, or Ultra Glossy Liquid Lips

You’ll have to get these liquid lipsticks online, but the Colourpop Ultra Liquid Lips will not disappoint. They come in three different finishes: matte, satin, and glossy, and have over 100 different shades to choose from. The formula is like no other, it lasts all day long (even through meals! Yes, we’re serious!) and is extremely comfortable on the lips. None of the finishes are too drying, or are too sticky on the lips. The best part about these liquid lipsticks are the price, because they retail for just $6.00.

Her Campus Bryant is always happy to help colligates find the best quality makeup at the best price. Happy shopping makeup lovers!

Self-Declared Pizza Connoisseur & Designated Champagne Popper