Procrastinate Productively with Christmas Shopping

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

It is the most wonderful time of year, collegiettes! The holiday season is right around the corner, and unfortunately so are finals and the end of the semester.

Stay positive and do not fear the work load ahead! If you procrastinate on doing your homework by doing something actually productive, you will feel a lot better about yourself. And you won’t be left saying “Ugh I STILL have to write that paper… let me just watch another episode of Grey’s Anatomy”. If you are being productive while procrastinating, at least you still accomplish something.

With the holidays coming up and the work load getting more intense, it is important to take a break and just do something else. One way is to plan ahead for the holiday season, and there’s a number of ways to do this!

Here are a few simple ideas as to how you can be productive in one area while procrastinating in another. Write out a list of what you want to get for people before going to the store, looking for upcoming deals, or simply planning in your head a map of where you need to go. Make a list for what YOU want for Christmas, because relatives and friends always want to know what to get you. Even though you are not doing the shopping, it still takes your mind off of the homework and studying for a little while to give you a burst of energy.

Another way to productively procrastinate is to actually begin your shopping, whether it be at a mall, online, or a single store. Think of what people really need and is it within your budget, because it is easy to overspend for those we love. Planning your purchases in advance can help you find deals on those items.

Being able to shop and prepare yourself for the upcoming holiday season will make you less stressed because it is one less thing to worry about. So collegiettes, get ahead of the game and begin your shopping! Finals are around the corner and worrying about holiday shopping should not be on your list. Shop hard early, study harder later on! 

I am a fun, outgoing person and spend my time shopping, reading, and writing for HC. I enjoy tanning and hanging with my friends or watching Netflix when I have time. Please feel free to follow me on insta at @alexandranpappas I will follow you back!