Our Predictions for “Gilmore Girls” in 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Anyone who has fallen in love with Gilmore Girls is stoked for its revival and is counting down the days until Friday, November 25th.  We can’t wait to see which boyfriend Rory reunites with, if Lorelai and Luke are still the perfect couple, and of course, all of the witty banter! 

If you’ve binged watched like us, you can tell that it’s totally set in the early 2000’s.  The outfits, the pagers, the current events they reference all take us back to a world we lived in during our younger days.  Fast-forward to 2016 and so much has changed!  HC Bryant has put together a few predictions of how our favorite mother daughter duo might be living in our current world.

1. Lorelai and Rory will have Netflix nights instead of going to the video store

The iconic girls’ night in won’t require a trip to the video store anymore! Good thing, because it’s most likely out of business in 2016.

2. They both will have smartphones and can text

They’ll never need to rely on the answering machine again! And when something major happens, the girls would be armed with GIF keyboards and emojis to express all of their opinions over text.

3. And snapchat, tweet, and Instagram

Rory and Lorelai would have the red heart on Snapchat. Lorelai’s tweets would be hilarious and Rory’s Instagram would be filled with pictures from her worldly travels as a journalist.

4. Their eating habits won’t change

You KNOW the girls would be all over all the Tasty videos.

5. Rory will not only write for the Yale Daily News but would also be a part of HC at Yale

As a poised, intellectual collegiette, Rory would definitely write for Her Campus!

6. Their fashion will be totally updated

Say bye to Lorelai’s blue eye shadow, flare jeans and rhinestones.

7. They would be stalkers on Facebook

Remember Season 1 when Lorelai asked Sookie how pretty Luke’s ex Rachel was? Facebook would have let her know with one quick search.

8. Rory would totally be saying #ImWithHer in the election

Rory has always been a big fan of Hillz so it would be no surprise that she would be supporting her in the election.

9. Rory would have all her favorites on a Kindle

A Kindle is a must for today’s bookworm. Of course, Rory would still have hard copies of all her favorites, though.

10. They would definitely be talking about all of today’s cool celebs

The girls might even jam to Taylor Swift now!