Our Favorite Leonardo DiCaprio Roles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Finally our favorite leading man has won an Oscar. Leonardo DiCaprio is one of our favorite actors of all time. He is completely perfect and will never be duplicated (though some have come close). We originally tried to rank all of his roles, but he is just way too perfect. This is a complete Leo appreciation post.

Romeo + Juliet

This is a great take on a classic story. Directed by Baz Luhrmann, Romeo + Juliet seemed like a controlled chaos. The contrast between setting and dialog in Romeo + Juliet gives an interesting feel throughout the movie. Leo as Romeo is so perfectly 1996, he is a complete heart throb and will have you believing in true love after this movie.

Titanic

Titanic is probably one of the most beautiful love stories portrayed in film, arguably more romantic than The Notebook. This movie released just one year after Romeo + Juliet. In this film, Leo is just a poor boy who won his way onto the Titanic during a poker game, which sealed his fate. He falls madly in love with an upper-class aristocrat, and the rest is history.

Wolf of Wall Street

Everyone has a soft spot for at least one bad boy, ours just happens to be Jordan Belfort. Jordan Belfort is an iconic character and a total savage. He is all about drugs, alcohol, partying, and money. This movie has everything, and it is based on the true story of Jordan Belfort. We’re also pretty sure this is #goals for a lot of the finance majors here at Bryant.

Great Gatsby

Who doesn’t love this movie? It is beautifully made, the cinematography is art. It is also directed by Baz Luhrmann. Leo as Jay Gatsby? Amazing. The love story was told beautifully. Everything was just how we imagined it. 

The Revenant

Haven’t seen this movie yet, looks totally badass. Plus, how can we not love the movie that gave one of our favorite actors his first Oscar.

Honorable Mentions:

What’s Eating Gilbert Grape

Django Unchained

The Aviator

The Departed

Inception

Shutter Island