This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Dear Type A Students,

You and I are crafted separately. You strive for perfection, I aim for quality. I don’t need to be number one. Number two is fine with me and I celebrate all accomplishments, big or small. I know you’re probably too busy stressing over a paper right now that isn’t due for another month and four days, but please take the time to read this so you understand who I am.

First off, deadlines do not scare me. I’m not a worrier by any extent of the imagination, but I enjoy challenges. My perspective drives you crazy because you think I lack dedication, but rest assured, you drive me just as insane with your unneeded concern. Let’s tone it down a notch, because the different depths of how much one cares can actually be felt over the table. I’m ready to do my share and don’t need to be bothered about it. I’ll ask if I have questions and gladly voice my opinions and ideas.

Contrary to what you may believe, I take my grades seriously. I simply am not ripping my hair out over any assignment, and regard my social life with the exact respect I do my school work. You know what they say; work hard, play hard. Once a task is done, it’s done. I won’t obsess over it. In fact, I won’t even look at it again until the day it’s due. I can be a leader or just another part of the machine. Whatever makes everyone happy pleases me. I’m a balance of demanding and delegation, and definitely dependable. I believe in academic excellence, but I believe there are instances when enough is enough. Some things are better left raw, rather than picked apart, analyzed, or critiqued. I believe in banging out my absolute best work, editing, and submitting a few days before its due, not weeks before unless I know completion will take an extensive amount of time. That’s how I operate. I’ve really got my life under control. Regardless of whether I finish the class with an A or C, as long as I did everything I was capable of, I’ll walk away pleased. Hopefully one day you’ll be able to experience that satisfaction.

Sincerely,

Your Type B Classmate

I like summer, country music, and mint chocolate chip ice cream, preferably at the same time.