No Heat Summer Updos

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

As the weather gets hotter and hotter by the day, it almost becomes a daily struggle to keep cool when using heat to style your hair. To fix this problem, here’s a list of five cute and easy hairstyles that require no heat. Try them out to stay cool during these hot summer months!

1.      High pony: A quick and easy do to get your hair up is the high pony. However, one way to mix it up and add some volume is to use two bobby pins, as shown in the picture below, allowing your hair to defy gravity.

2.      Top knot: After a day of windswept hair at the beach, top knots are the perfect bad hair solution. You can make them messy or neat, but either way this style is always on trend.

3.      Grecian Updo: By simply tucking your hair around a stretchy headband you can create this no fuss Grecian Updo for any summer event. For a bonus when you take it out your hair will fall into beautiful loose waves.

4.      Fishtail: The fishtail braid is so simple yet it looks so hard to do, style your hair like this and you are sure to get some compliments on your craftsmanship.

5.      Braids, braids, braids: Whether you decide to go with a simple French braid or a pretty braided headband, braids are always a quick way to keep your hair tamed in the humidity while staying fashionable.

Megi is the Snapshot Chair for HerCampus Bryant!•Position: Fashion and Style/ Snapshot Editor•Class:  Senior 2015•Hometown: Waterbury, CT •Major/Minor: Biology/Business Administration •Fun Fact: Can speak Albanian!