NISC at Bryant University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

On November 13, Bryant will hold the annual Northeast Intercollegiate Sales Competition, which is run by Dr. Boyer this year. She always puts on a great competition that attracts a lot of people from all over the United States. There are students coming from the New England region, but also states such as Florida and Kansas. The Bryant Sales Team also has a major role to play with this competition. With over 250 people coming onto campus, it will be a crazy time! Even more people are being drawn from the Bryant community since there is a new sales minor you can now declare in!

Who can participate? There are two required classes: MKT 363 and MKT 463. Both are truly fun classes to be in! Joining the sales team is another way to become eligable. They meet throughout the semester and participate in more competitions than just this one.

What is it? NISC is a way to sell an idea or product to another business. The  company hosting it this year is Acquia, a company in Boston dealing with Business to Business sales. Judges will take notes on how well you did, whether or not the solutions were attainable, and many more criteria. People come down from the company to judge and see who places in the competition.

Why do it or volunteer? People have received internship opportunities and of course there are prizes won for being in the top spots. It is just a great experience and even if you just volunteer, you can see if it would be something interesting to try next year.

To learn more click Here

To volunteer click Here

If you have any questions or would like to talk about joining the sales team you may contact Stephanie Boyer at sboyer@bryant.edu

I am a fun, outgoing person and spend my time shopping, reading, and writing for HC. I enjoy tanning and hanging with my friends or watching Netflix when I have time. Please feel free to follow me on insta at @alexandranpappas I will follow you back!