New England Turkey Day Road Races

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Most people look forward to Thanksgiving because it’s one of the few days every year that it’s acceptable to stuff your face (and then get seconds).  However, there are those more motivated people out there that enjoy being active on Thanksgiving and burning off those extra calories before they even take them in!  If you’re one of them, here’s a list of some of the top New England road races for you!

• 8th Annual Gobble Gobble Road race- Southbridge, MA
  • Essex Turkey Trot 8k Race- Essex, MA
  • Middlebury Turkey Trot and Gobble Wobble- Middlebury, VT
  • 13th Annual We Gather Together 5k Race- Sandwich, MA
  • 77th Annual Manchester Road Race – Manchester, CT 
  • 14th Annual Thanks for Running Road Race- Fitchburg, MA
  • 28th Annual Newport Pie Run- Middletown, RI
  • 3rd Annual Killington Turkey Trot- Killington, VT

There are so many great road races in addition to these for this Turkey day.  If you are running, HC wishes you good luck and wants to remind you to take an extra piece of pie at dessert to reward yourself for your hard work!

Hillary Coombs is a junior at Bryant University studying International Business and Marketing minoring in Chinese and Spanish. She works during the summers at Westminster Tool blogging and updating all social media accounts as well as interning in the International Affairs office. During the fall of 2012, Hillary studied abroad in Salamanca, Spain where she held a marketing internship and perfected her Spanish language. At Bryant, she works in the Office of Planning and Institutional Research gathering crucial university data and presenting it through documents to the President, Deans, and other faculty members of Bryant University. Aside from working and studying Hillary is a member of the Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority and Omicorn Delta Kappa. Hillary finds peace of mind staying active and running in local 5K races.