This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Meet the Presidents of Sigma Chi: Will McGuire

Tell me about yourself? (Hometown, Grade, Major, and a fun fact/something interesting about you)

I am from Fairfield, Connecticut. I am a junior here at Bryant. My major is digital marketing with a minor in sales and communications. I love to go hiking and watch baseball in my free time.

Why did you want to be president of Sigma Chi?

I wanted to become president of Sigma Chi to give back to and advance my chapter. Sigma Chi has taught me how to be a gentleman and overall improve my well-being. I ran for president to make sure this impact will still occur for future new members. 

What are some goals you have for your term?

During my term, my main goal is to regain an appreciation for our ritual. The hybrid model last year hindered the brother’s understanding and appreciation for ritual. Another goal I have is to improve alumni relations within our own Sigma Chi chapter.  My final goal is to sustain and improve our brotherhood.

What are some events that you have planned/are looking forward to?

I am extremely excited for Derby Days this spring. It is a weeklong series of events to raise money for the Huntsman Cancer Institution. Starting Sunday, April 24th and ending Saturday, April 30th. 

Favorite thing about Sigma Chi?

My favorite part about Sigma Chi is the strong sense of Brotherhood. Ever since joining the brotherhood in Sigma Chi I have not had one dull day on Bryant’s campus. But more importantly it means that I have 45 men behind me to support me through any struggles I have.

Karla Espino

Bryant '24

Student at Bryant University