Meet The Greek Life Presidents: Brendan Pelkey, Delta Kappa Epsilon Fraternity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

With Bryant University’s annual Greek Week behind us, Her Campus wanted to give the readers a peek into Greek life’s Presidents of 2023. We have interviewed the eight Presidents of Greek life so that you can get to know a little more about them and their organizations. They discuss their chapter and experiences, along with their goals for this upcoming term. This is the interview of Brendan Pelkey, the President of the Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity. 

Brendan is a junior from Westminster, Massachusetts. He is majoring in marketing with a minor in communications. A fun fact about himself is that he is ambidextrous when it comes to ping pong. 

Her Campus: Why did you run for president of DKE?

Brendan: I ran for President because it was a great opportunity to apply the leadership skills that I have. I’ve always been a guy that you can come to in a time of need and I will be there for anyone in my fraternity. I want the best for the fraternity and I’m here to achieve that. It’s a meaningful position because it allows you to create change and that’s what I want to be for Delta Kappa Epsilon, I want to create change. 

Her Campus: What are some goals you want to accomplish throughout your term? 

Brendan: As president, I do have a set of goals I want to accomplish before my time comes to an end. One is to increase the number of philanthropy events, it’s a great way to raise money for those in need and also brings the brothers together. This semester we hope to accomplish several things, the first being we currently have a team down in Florida rebuilding houses from the past hurricane season. We are very focused on the upcoming rush to meet the new freshmen and are excited for some to join the brotherhood. We are also planning our annual golf tournament which proceeds go to a scholarship fund we started in honor of two of our alumni who have passed away. Another huge goal of mine is to win Greek Week and become back-to-back champions.

(Spoiler: DKE won Bryant Greek Week 2023!)

Her Campus: What are you most looking forward to for this upcoming term?

Brendan: I am most looking forward to the brotherhood events where we get to bond as a fraternity. These events are anything from paintballing to a barbecue down at the house. Anytime the boys get together is always a blast. I’m also looking forward to our annual golf tournament that happens in the spring. It’s one of our biggest philanthropy events and it’s a great way to spend time with some of the alumni. 

Her Campus: What is your favorite thing about DKE?

Brendan: My favorite thing about DKE is the brothers. We’re like a family with such a strong bond that will last a lifetime. The amount of gritty, hard work, and perseverance that these guys bring to the table is like no other. Sharing the moments together at Bryant with everyone in the fraternity is something unforgettable that I will cherish for the rest of my life. Both past and present DKE brothers truly embody what it means to be a member of Delta Kappa Epsilon. Just over break an alumnus reached out with job offers for graduating seniors. 

Her Campus: What does being in Greek life mean to you? 

Brendan: Greek life for me means being a part of something. College can get a little lonely sometimes and being a part of Greek life has allowed me to meet so many girls and guys. I have made friends across all of Greek life both in my fraternity and outside of it and that’s what makes Bryant Greek life so special.

Junior at Bryant studying communications with a focus in public relations and a double minor in HR management and media and cultural studies. I'm apart of Alpha Omicron Pi, Thrive Magazine, Student Ambassadors, Women's LLC, Best Buddies, as well as Her Campus. I'm a junior at Bryant studying communications on the public relations track with a double minor human resource management and media & cultural studies. In addition to being the sorority liaison for HerCampus, I'm a student ambassador and a member of the Women's leadership living and learning community. I'm also finishing up my term as VP of membership experience within my sorority, Alpha Omicron Pi. A fun fact about me is that I want to be on Big Brother someday!