Happy Fun Laughing Girls
Happy Fun Laughing Girls
Cassie Howard / Her Campus
Life > Experiences

Meet the Greek Life Presidents: Sara Letourneau

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Meet the President of AOII: Sara Letourneau

Tell me about yourself? (Hometown, Grade, Major, and a fun fact/something interesting about you) 

• Seekonk, MA, Financial Services Major, and Psychology Minor, my fun fact is that I enjoy surfing in my free time. 

Why did you want to be president of AOII?

• I wanted to be president of AOII to be able to make a greater impact on my sorority and implement positive changes. I also liked the idea of being a support system for my members and leadership team. 

What are some goals you have for your term?

• Some goals I have for my term as president are to incorporate more sisterhood activities and programming to connect our members together and create stronger friendships with each other. I also hope to encourage more conversations and education around mental health and diversity and inclusion. One of our bigger focuses however is our philanthropic events. Our national philanthropy supports the Arthritis Foundation. We are doing more events focused on Arthritis and encouraging more participation for other philanthropies as well. 

What are some events that you have planned/are looking forward to?

• I am looking forward to the Sisterhood Retreat that we do after our Initiation for the new members. This gives us time to spend quality time with one another and do various activities. We will also be doing a Spring photoshoot, Sisters for Soldiers (philanthropy event), and many philanthropy events planned for the Fall semester. We also have a Formal where we get to dress up and celebrate the seniors who will be graduating soon. 

Favorite thing about AOII?

My favorite thing about AOII is the way that we are able to lift each other up and push each other to be better versions of ourselves. I am able to watch the members grow in their position in AOII and become leaders in the Bryant community. The members inspire me and have become some of my most genuine friendships.

Karla Espino

Bryant '24

Student at Bryant University