Meet the Sorority Recruitment Directors!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Hey collegiettes! This week we’re featuring the three Recruitment Directors of each sorority on our campus. Here’s a chance to get their personal insights and experiences about Formal Recruitment and Greek Life overall at Bryant!  

Name: Ally Favuzza, Junior Class of 2018

Clubs and positions you are currently involved with:

• Alpha Omicron Pi, Vice President of Membership Recruitment
  • St. Jude Up ‘til Dawn, Director of Public Relations
  • Honors Council, Peer Mentor Chair
  • Peer Tutor (Writing and Accounting), Academic Center for Excellence
  • Student Assistant, President’s Office

Why did you joined Greek Life?

When I started school at Bryant, I was full of enthusiasm and ready for all of the challenges and opportunities that college had to offer. However, during my first semester I really struggled to find my place on campus. I spent the semester searching for the right opportunity to be more involved within our community. On January 25th, 2015, I accepted my bid to Alpha Omicron Pi and I knew I had found my home.

My chapter has over 60 women, and I am proud to call them my sisters: today, tomorrow, and for life. These women support me, motivate me, and challenge me to be the best person that I can be. Through Alpha Omicron Pi, I feel more connected to the Bryant community and more confident in my ability to make an impact on the lives of others. Becoming a sorority woman has opened so many doors for me that I did not even know existed; I would not be the woman I am today without the community that stands behind me. Joining the Greek community at Bryant changed my life and it could change yours, too!

Describe your sorority in 3 words:

• Irreplaceable, empowering, and rewarding

What’s your favorite part of Formal Recruitment?

I am so excited to meet all of the women coming through Formal Recruitment. I am really looking forward to gaining new members to share my sisterhood with!

Any tips/recommendations for girls going through Formal Recruitment?

1) Be yourself!

2) Keep an open mind heading into recruitment. Take the time to meet my Alpha Omicron Pi sisters and the sisters of Delta Zeta and Sigma Sigma Sigma. It is all about finding your perfect fit!

3) Make your own decisions. It is fun to go through recruitment with your friends, but don’t let them hold you back from making the decision that is best for you. In the end, you will both be happier this way!

4) Lastly, enjoy and have fun!

Name: Caitlin Wray, Senior Class of 2017

• Delta Zeta, Vice President of Membership
  • Club Sports Council, Representative
  • Club Tennis, Treasurer
  • Bryant Psychology Association, Treasurer

Why did you joined Greek Life?

I joined Greek Life for a variety of different reasons. My first reason being that I have two sisters at home and when I went away to college, I wanted the same feeling of being surrounded by my best friends. The sisters of Delta Zeta are the girls who motivate me to be a better person, push me out of my comfort zone, and remind me to keep a balance between school and my social life. Another reason I joined Greek Life is to become involved in a bigger community. We participate in so many events and with many organizations on campus. I know that in our chapter we have girls who play Club Sports, are in ROTC, serve on executive boards outside of our chapter, and spearhead multiple philanthropic groups. Through my sorority, I have been able to develop my skills as a leader, a mentor, and a friend. I would not be the same person I am today if I had never joined Greek Life.

Describe your sorority in 3 words:

• Passionate, committed, and home

I have so many favorite parts of Formal Recruitment that it’s really hard for me to decide on one. If I had to pick it would be getting to know a large group of girls that I’ve never met before. It’s really refreshing to learn about the different cultures and backgrounds of the women on this campus. I love to learn about their reasons for joining Greek Life, whether they are big or small. It inspires me to try to learn and get to know everyone who goes through formal recruitment.

The biggest tip/recommendation I would give for girls going through formal recruitment would definitely be to go into the rooms with confidence. I know it is extremely intimidating to walk into a room of 60 different girls you’ve never met before and strike up a conversation, but it’s worth it in the end. Speak from your heart and be real and honest. The girls who are already in the sorority are just as nervous as you because they want to make a great impression, so go into it with a positive attitude and an open mind.

Any final thoughts you want to add about your experience in Greek Life so far?

Joining a sorority was the best decision of my life. It is an awesome way to get involved on Bryant’s campus! We are a group of women who are so passionate about academics, philanthropy, and community activities. It is also a great way to develop leadership skills. You meet the girls who turn into your best friends. I’m fortunate enough to have gotten to know the most extraordinary women of Delta Zeta over the past four years at Bryant. I would not be half of who I am today without all my sisters. What you put into a sorority is what you will get out of it. However, I promise you will want to put your full effort into such an amazing group. If you’re questioning going through formal recruitment, just go for it! The opportunities are endless and you won’t regret it.

Name: Hollis Hanna, Junior Class of 2018

• Admission Ambassador

Why you joined Greek Life?

I joined Greek Life to be a part of something bigger and to be more involved on campus.

Describe your sorority in 3 words:

Passionate, supportive, and involved

My favorite part of Formal Recruitment is bid night where you see the new members welcomed into the arms of the sisters that are excited for them!

Be Yourself! When I went through the formal recruitment process, initially I was nervous. When I was speaking with the sorority women, I spoke about what was important to me, and what I was looking for in a sorority. By being yourself, you’re able to find the sorority that is the right fit for you, and end up at your “home”! 

I never saw myself joining a sorority before I was in college, but now I can’t imagine my life without it. Tri Sigma has opened so many doors for me, whether it was a leadership opportunity or creating amazing connections within the sorority and all of Greek life. The leadership positions have helped me step out of my comfort zone and the friendships I’ve made have provided me with the support. Joining a sorority has helped me become the person I want to be, and it will never be something I regret being a part of.  Go Greek!

These three lovely ladies are so excited to meet you at Formal Recruitment next weekend. If you are interested about Greek Life on campus and want to learn more, come to Info Sessions that will start taking place in November!

College Senior from CT