Katelyn sitting on the couch
Katelyn sitting on the couch
Photo by Katelyn DiSaia
Culture > News

Meet the President of Tri Sigma

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

With the beginning of the new semester, Her Campus wanted to give their readers a peek into Greek Life’s new presidents of 2021.

We have interviewed the eight presidents of Greek Life, so that you can get to know a little more about them and their organizations. They discuss their chapter and experiences, along with their organization’s goals during the Covid-19 pandemic.

This is the interview of Katelyn DiSaia, the President of the Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority. 

A Little Bit About Katelyn:

Hometown: Cranston, Rhode Island

Grade: Junior

Major: Communications

Minor: Marketing

Fun Fact: She decided to go through recruitment her freshman year with her roommate to seek out ways to engage with a community of empowered women actively pursuing leadership opportunities, academic success, and personal growth. 

The Interview: 

HC: Why did you run/want to be President of Tri Sigma? 

KD: Upon joining Tri Sigma, I was interested in challenging myself to become an active member and later a chapter officer because I’ve been able to gain confidence to take on great responsibilities by having the continuous support from my sisters. I was able to find a passion for dedicating my time to Tri Sigma and I wish to work towards inspiring others to take on leadership roles in the future. I specifically was excited to apply for president because I envisioned overseeing this chapter achieve great things in the future.

HC: What do you want to accomplish in your term(goals)?  

KD: I feel it is most important to possess the ability to guide others and encourage them to feel comfortable expressing their individual strengths. I want current and future members to know that there is always someone there to work with them if they need help academically, socially, emotionally, or with their position in Tri Sigma. I plan to maintain the integrity of this sorority through my natural way of remaining altruistic in my actions. I hope to serve as a positive face for the chapter and be a significant force that can create and inspire girls to find confidence within themself. Tri Sigma helped me to find my drive to succeed in various aspects of my life, and I wish to transcend that upon current and future members. Another priority going forward is to work towards maximizing participation and motivation across members to best serve their individuals needs and desires to feel most fulfilled during this challenging time navigating collegiate life during a pandemic. We, as a chapter, recognize diversity, equity, and inclusion work is of great importance throughout every leadership position within our chapter. Throughout my time as president, I am instilling in each member that the presence of this matter must be intertwined with everything we do throughout our time in Tri Sigma. It’ll be a continuous effort to educate and improve our sense of inclusion amongst the diverse women involved in Greek Life and Bryant University as a whole.

HC: What are some events that you have planned/what are you looking forward to?

KD: This semester we, as a chapter, have displayed great courage and perseverance by continuing to serve our local community through various philanthropic endeavors working with nursing homes to provide residents comfort, donating to food drives, and coordinating with non-profit organizations to put together meals to benefit communities beyond Bryant’s campus. Our members also have sisterhood events to keep connections with one another strong, education events improving upon their knowledge on important topics, virtual engagement with alumni to increase networking opportunities, and social activities to look forward to this semester to keep spirit and morale high. We’ve been able to accomplish these goals and plan events all while respecting social distancing restrictions and boundaries that continue to pose no challenge for a Tri Sigma sister to overcome.

HC: What is your favorite thing about Tri Sigma?

KD: My favorite aspect of being in Tri Sigma is the depth and strength to each of our members. All my sisters possess various positive attributes that they have continuously put into the chapter to ensure its success and have the future of this sorority on an upward trajectory. I’m so proud to be a leader surrounded by women constantly improving themselves and inspiring everyone around them to accomplish great things. My Tri Sigma and panhellenic sisters have a fire within them that is truly inspiring to be surrounded by. This organization has given me the opportunity to develop a strong work ethic, challenge me intellectually, and expand my social network by helping me to find the greatest group of friends. I hope that what I’ve found in Tri Sigma can transpire to future women during their time at Bryant University.  

Stay connected! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!

Cover Photo By: Katelyn DiSaia

"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations"
Data Science major at Bryant University