Tessa posing in front of a tree
Tessa posing in front of a tree
Photo by Rachel Lombardi
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

With the beginning of the new semester, Her Campus wanted to give their readers a peek into Greek Life’s new presidents of 2021. 

We have interviewed the eight presidents of Greek Life, so that you can get to know a little more about them and their organizations. They discuss their chapter and experiences, along with their organization’s goals during the Covid-19 pandemic.

This is the interview of Tessa Bettano, the President of the Delta Zeta sorority.

A Little Bit About Tessa:

Hometown: Topsfield, Massachusetts 

Grade: Junior

Major: Marking and Applied Analytics 

Fun Fact: She wants to bake cupcakes professionally.

The Interview:

HC: Why did you run/want to be President of Delta Zeta? 

TB: I wanted to be the President of Delta Zeta because I wanted to give back to the sorority that has given me everything. Being the President of Delta Zeta is something I had dreamed of from the moment I ran home on Bid Night and oftentimes it feels surreal. I wanted to be a president because DZ is such an amazing organization that truly left a lasting impact on my life and I wanted to do everything I could to ensure that my sisters now, as well as the future of our chapter, have experiences that they will always remember and that they never forget the love they have for the chapter.

HC: What do you want to accomplish in your term(goals)?  

TB: The main goal I have for myself and my chapter is to remind everyone in DZ of not only why they joined Delta Zeta but why they fell in love with it as well. I also want girls to just truly enjoy their time in our sisterhood and find comfort in our chapter. I also want to work closely with the other sorority Presidents so that our chapters can spend more time together. Most importantly though, my Executive Board and I set a goal for ourselves to uphold during our term together and my biggest goal is to ensure that this goal becomes a reality. Our goal is to “unify and engage our sisterhood” and I am dedicating myself to ensuring that happens.

HC: What are some events that you have planned/what are you looking forward to?

TB: I don’t want to give anything away but I am truly excited for this semester and the events my Executive Board and I have planned. We have worked tirelessly and have met constantly over the break to plan the semester and I believe our girls are going to be very excited! We have new sisterhood and philanthropy events, new fun additions to our weekly chapter meetings, and more! We also have a few fun surprises planned along the way! I am just most looking forward to watching the chapter enjoy each event and to enjoy it together!

HC: What is your favorite thing about Delta Zeta?

TB: I don’t think I will ever truly have enough words to describe how much Delta Zeta means to me. However, something that has always stuck with me is that we are sisterhood full of individuals in unity. Delta Zeta does not seek to change you but to instead let all the amazing aspects of you shine through and to love and support you no matter what. Our sisterhood is full of different girls, but all with the same underlying qualities; kindness, compassion, respect, understanding, and more. Delta Zeta has given me the confidence to believe in myself and be a leader on Bryant’s campus. It has given me my best friends and my biggest support system.

Stay connected! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!

Cover Photo By: Rachel Lombardi

"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations"
Data Science major at Bryant University