This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

With the beginning of the new semester, Her Campus wanted to give the readers a peek into Greek Life’s new presidents of 2021. 

We have interviewed the eight presidents of Greek Life so that you can get to know a little more about them and their organizations. They discuss their chapter and experiences, along with their goals during the Covid-19 pandemic. 

This is the interview of Matt Wassersug, the President of the Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity. 

A Little Bit About Matt:

Hometown: Plainville, Massachusetts 

Grade: Junior

Major: Economics

Concentration: Finance and Applied Analytics

Fun Fact: He has a golden doodle named Duke. 

The Interview:

HC: Why did you run/want to be President of DKE? 

MW: I wanted to run for President of DKE because of the positive changes I could enact for my brothers and the Bryant community. I knew with a great platform and brothers that we can do some great work.

HC: What do you want to accomplish in your term(goals)?  

MW: At the moment DKE has two main philanthropy events. My most important goal is to establish another major event that will become annual. Another important goal of mine is to work on creating a philanthropy event that will help bring Greek life together.

HC: What are some events that you have planned/what are you looking forward to?

MW: Working with my brothers is the best part of the job. One of my favorite events is our annual golf tournament where we raise money for Autism Speaks, a great organization that resonates with many of our brothers. Brothers, alumni, parents, and friends come out to play a friendly round of 18 for a fantastic cause. On campus, I am extremely excited for rush week and I’m ready to take the next class of DKE brothers.

HC: What is your favorite thing about DKE?

MW: My favorite thing about DKE are the guys that I am now best friends with. I have built some great relationships with brothers in the fraternity and people throughout the rest of Greek life.

Stay connected! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!

"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations"
Data Science major at Bryant University