This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

With the beginning of the new semester, Her Campus wanted to give the readers a peek into Greek Life’s new presidents of 2021. 

We have interviewed the eight presidents of Greek Life so that you can get to know a little more about them and their organizations. They discuss their chapter and experiences, along with their goals during the Covid-19 pandemic. 

This is the interview of Ted Torres, the President of the Delta Chi fraternity. 

Ted standing next to a brother at a fraternity event
Photo by Ben Clemmey

A Little Bit About Ted:

Hometown: Hopkinton, Massachusetts 

Grade: Junior

Major: Accounting

Minor: Finance and Political Science

Fun Fact: He joined Delta Chi his freshman year and formerly served as their chapter’s Recruitment Chairman and Vice President.

The Interview:

HC: Why did you run/want to be President of Delta Chi? 

TT: I ran to be the President of Delta Chi because I knew I wanted to make a lasting impact in my chapter. I have worked closely with our former president over the years and learned a lot about what it takes to run our chapter effectively. I had a lot of support from the other brothers, and they motivated me to want to run. Now that I am president, I am eager to prove to them that they made the right choice!

HC: What do you want to accomplish in your term(goals)?  

TT: The biggest thing I hope to accomplish this semester is a successful spring recruitment. With so many Covid-19 restrictions, we determined it would be best not to recruit during last semester. This semester we are very excited and eager to get back to recruitment in a way that complies with all school Covid-19 guidelines. We hope to provide an environment of inclusivity and an opportunity to bond with the many brothers of Delta Chi.

HC: What are some events that you have planned/what are you looking forward to?

TT: Normally, we have a jam-packed schedule of philanthropy, community service, and other fun events planned throughout the semester. This year we have had to greatly scale back any events we hope to host this semester or even had to conduct them virtually.  I would highly encourage anyone interested in learning more about what we do or wanting to reach out to contact me at ttorres1@bryant.edu or follow our Instagram @bryant_deltachi

HC: What is your favorite thing about Delta Chi?

TT: Delta Chi has a strong brotherhood like no other. I have made many of my best friends through Delta Chi and the bonds I have created over the past three years will last long after my time at Bryant. This fraternity has shaped me into the person I am today and am so happy to have become a part of it. The brothers of Delta Chi support each other and elevate one another to be better people every day. 

Stay connected! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!

Photo By: Ben Clemmey

"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations"
Data Science major at Bryant University