Make Your Own Four Cheese Crockpot Mac and Cheese

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

During this cold time of year, the cravings for some good comfort food kick in. Go back to the basics and make some mac and cheese! Although this recipe takes two hours to make, it is so worth it! It is a great hangover food too. Put the ingredients in, do whatever you have to, and then eat some amazing mac! 

Prep Time: 15 minutes     Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes      Total Time: 2 hours          Servings: 4

Ingredients:

12-14 ounces macaroni elbows (uncooked)

1⅔ cup milk

1 12-ounce can evaporated milk

4 ounces cream cheese

4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (sliced or shredded)

4 ounces creamy Havarti cheese (sliced or shredded)

2-4 ounces gruyere cheese

1 teaspoon ground mustard

1-1½ teaspoons salt

2 teaspoons garlic powder

Optional: grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley for topping. (We recommend breadcrumbs as well for a topping since mac and cheese with breadcrumbs is an all-time favorite!)

Directions:

1. Add macaroni, milks, and cheeses to slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour.

2. After one hour add ground mustard, salt, and garlic powder. Stir to combine. Cover and cook 20-30 minutes longer. Check to see if macaroni is tender and cheese is fully melted. If needed, cover and cook 15-30 minutes longer. Serve warm and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, parsley, and breadcrumbs if desired.

I am a fun, outgoing person and spend my time shopping, reading, and writing for HC. I enjoy tanning and hanging with my friends or watching Netflix when I have time. Please feel free to follow me on insta at @alexandranpappas I will follow you back!