This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Imagine laying on the beach, sun on your skin, a cool drink in your hand… why are you doing this, you ask, because that’s the closest you’re going to get to a tropical vacation since you are staying up north for Spring Break. Understandably you’re jealous of all of your friends going to the hottest Spring Break locations, but don’t fret, there are still some fun, cheap things you can do to have a good time on break in this cold northern weather.

1.      Sleep: It’s called Spring Break for a reason, so take one! Falling after the week of midterms, take advantage of these days and catch up on all of the lost sleep you have accumulated while studying.

2.      Visit: If you’re looking for more of the party scene on Spring Break, visit friends! Not all colleges are on break at the same time so stay for the weekend and get your party fix.

3.      Go skiing: Whether you’re coordinated or not, spring is one of the most popular times to go skiing. Although still cold enough for snow, it’s more enjoyable to be outside in the warmer weather and you can have a great time skiing all day.

4.      Netflix: A total of 216 hours make up Spring Break, which is a potential 216 hours to catch up on all the TV shows and movies you have been too busy to watch during the semester.

5.      Make drinks anyways: Who says just because you aren’t in tropical weather you can’t enjoy a nice tropical drink? Invite some friends over, or relax by yourself, with a fruity, umbrella topped drink.

If these ideas still don’t satisfy you, you can always cozy up next to a space heater in your bathing suit and sunglasses to pretend you are further south than you really are.