This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

The Hochberg Women’s Center, located in the Fisher Center 2nd floor next to the ICC, is now looking for an Office Assistant for the Fall semester of 2014. They are mainly looking for a freshman, and candidates need to have a genuine interest in women’s issues- not just looking for a job. Attached is the job description and job application. If you have any further questions feel free to call the Women’s Center at (401)-232-6854 or email Carolina Bogaert at cbogaert@bryant.edu. Best of luck, and be sure to fill it out ASAP as they are looking to conduct interviews within the next few weeks! 

Women’s Center Office Assistant Job Description

Title:                            Office Assistant – Hochberg Women’s Center

Category:                    Office Assistant

Department:                Gertrude Meth Hochberg Women’s Center

Reports to:                  Hochberg Women’s Center Coordinator

Pay Rate:                     Assigned by Financial Aid Office’s Work Study Guidelines

Responsibilities:  The student office assistant will assist the administrative and/or support staff with daily office responsibilities including typing, copying, faxing documents, creating brochures, flyers, table tents, posters, signs, and other promotional materials, preparing mailings, answering phones, greeting and assisting students and other office guests, picking up the mail, running errands, tidying up the office, and other duties as required.  The student office assistant also assists student groups as assigned by the administrative staff, such as but not limited to, AWA, Pride, Hillel, and other offices and departments on campus, such as, but not limited to, Pride Center, ICC, with creating and distributing marketing and promotional materials, preparing mailings, and other tasks as assigned by the Women’s Coordinator and/or Director of the Women’s Center.

Requirements:  The student must have the ability to follow directions, as well as to work independently and handle multiple projects at one time.  She/He must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, and work well with others.   The student office assistant must have an interest in women’s issues on campus, and be committed to the Hochberg Women’s Center’s mission and services.  This position requires a high degree of tact and the ability to maintain confidentiality. Student should also have sufficient technological skills, such as MS Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point.  Must be punctual and reliable.

Hours:  Assigned individually based on coverage needed by semester.  Office Hours are M-F 9am-5pm; working some evening and/or weekend events may be required.

Hochberg Women’s Center

Student Employment Application

Name:  _______________________________e-mail_____________________ Contact  #:________________________

Year: __________________________________________________      Do you have work study? Y          N

Please list any computer/office/organizational/planning skills you have:

Campus Involvement such as clubs, sports, or special interests:

Previous experience with and/or reason for interest in women’s issues:

Availability: