Local Cafés You Need to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Are you looking for a quaint restaurant to bring your significant other for a date, a hipster café to check out with your friends, or just itching to get off campus? Don’t worry, Her Campus Bryant has got you covered. Here are our favorite local cafés you probably haven’t heard of!

The Duck and Bunny 

312 Wickenden Street, Providence

The Duck and Bunny calls itself a “snuggery,” which means “a cosy and comfortable place.” This is hands down the cutest restaurant you will ever step foot in.

Pastiche 

92 Spruce Street, Providence

Pastiche is an “intimate European-style café” that specializes in fine desserts. We recommend trying the vanilla chai tea latte- it’s delicious.

Brewed Awakenings 

1395 Atwood Ave, Johnston

Brewed is basically equivalent to a locally owned Starbucks. Brewed is a coffee house, but has expanded to sell frozen drinks, lunch, pastries, etc.

The Melting Pot 

199 Providence Place, Providence

While the Melting Pot is actually a nationwide chain, there are very few in New England and only one in Rhode Island. It’s a fondue restaurant that offers cheese fondue, entrees and- best of all- chocolate fondue. No, seriously, go there right now and order the chocolate fondue. You won’t regret it.