clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Life of a Freshman Dating a Senior

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Starting off my freshman year of college, most girls don’t expect to start dating anyone, let alone a senior. But sometimes things don’t end up the way we plan, and this is exactly what happens! We at Her Campus Bryant have some insight into the life of a freshman datign a senior. Even though he is three grades ahead of you, it often feels just like dating someone your own age. You’ll do all of the typical boyfriend-girlfriend things: hang out, text all of the time, go out on dates, etc.

Being a freshman dating a senior is pretty normal but here are some things that are a little different:

• Motivation 

Since this is his last semester and he already has a job; during the week his senioritis really kicks in.

Where freshmen are the complete opposite, trying to get all of their work done on time while going to meetings and still having time to sleep.

• Knowledge 

Being freshman, you’ll have had little experience in college classes, talking to professors, networking, and (even though it is embarrassing) may sometimes still get lost on campus.

But of course after being in college for 4 years, he knows what he’s doing.

• Food

As a senior, he doesn’t have a meal plan and is always trying to use guest swipes to get into Salmo.

Where a freshmen would try and take advantage of the fact that he has his own kitchen!

• Going Out

Being 21, he can go out to bars with his friends.

Where freshmen are underage and stuck on campus like,

Most of the time it’s easy to completely forget that he is three years older, of course until you talk about high school, which was less than a year ago for a freshman, and remember that it has been four years since that time for him! But besides these few things, it’s a usual relationship and not as daunting as it could seem.