This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

The Office of Campus Engagement’s successful and popular program Linked through Leadership is currently running the Leadership Empowerment Experience, but besides this they are also now offering weekend experiences that students can partake in. Learn Weekend is the first stage of the weekend experiences. Up to 50 students were recommended for Learn Weekend because of their dedication to Bryant and their commitment to student life at the University, but 40 will get to go. These students were been nominated by a Bryant faculty member, staff or student to apply to attend Bryant University’s 14th Annual LEARN Weekend Experience. Once all Interest Forms are received, the 2014 LEARN Weekend Experience team will choose the group of students who exemplify various levels and facets of involvement, diversity, and experience.  They will be choosing students who they think can best learn from this experience individually and as a whole.  This experience is one of the most popular components sponsored by the Linked Through Leadership Development Program, and has been a pinnacle leadership experience for many successful student leaders on campus.

This experience is an opportunity for students to meet, learn from, and interact with fellow Bryant student leaders. They will be challenged to improve skills such as teamwork, communication, and motivation. The LEARN Weekend Experience is described by many as an experience “like no other” and the advisors of this trip are confident that the students will walk away learning much more about themselves than they would have ever expected. As one of last year’s participants said:”This experience cannot be put into words. A whole weekend of learning, inspiration, love, leadership, friendship, limits, strengths, weaknesses, and just so much more! It is a weekend that will truly change your life. Everyone needs to realize and find themselves and this weekend did that for me.”

The retreat will be held on the weekend of March 28th – 30th at Camp Woodstock in Woodstock, CT.  Students should definitely consider this experience for their future years at Bryant!