Laugh Out Loud (Cry Quietly) Cast

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Name Caitie Veech

Grade Junior

Major Marketing

Character and Bio about character Mimi. She has an affair with her best friend’s fiancé and is low-key garbage

How are you and your character the same? She’s trendy

How are you different? She’s kind of a b*tch but like they still date? idk

Have you learned anything from them? Don’t sign up for an online dating site!

Have you ever gone on a date with someone you found via online dating? Nope

Name Celena Lopes

Grade Freshman

Major Global studies with a focus on Political Science

Character and Bio about character My character is a young awkward girl looking for love. She contradicts herself and never seems to say the right thing. She’s a trooper who keeps trying, no matter how many times she fails.

How are you and your character the same? I’m a young awkward girl who stumbles over her words and can’t always convey her exact feelings but always has the best intentions. We are one.

How are you different? Honestly, we are one quirky being.

Have you learned anything from them? I’ve learned that no matter how hopeless dating may seem, sometimes, not often, things work out amazing. Even if you’re drained and feel absolutely unlovable, eventually you’ll find what you’re looking for. Just keep being yourself and never lose faith in love.

Name Nicole D’Andrea

Grade Junior

Major Business Administration, Management and CIS Double Concentration

Character and Bio about character Shelly, a neurotic girl with a love for brownies and a little bit of a body confidence issue who’s just looking for someone to love.

How are you and your character the same? Shelly is socially awkward and she gets nervous about how new people are perceiving her, which is exactly like me. She also likes to point out her flaws before other people notice them as kind of a defense mechanism, which I can definitely relate to because I tend to be very self-depreciative myself.

How are you different? Shelly is much more visibly high-strung than I am; when I’m nervous and awkward I try to make that less obvious, but Shelly can’t hide it. She’s also definitely a lot peppier and always excited to meet people than I am.

Have you learned anything from them? There are two scenes in particular that Shelly is in in which she behaves almost like two different people. When we first started working through the scene, I thought I was playing it wrong because of how much more calm she was acting. As it turned out, there’s just many different sides to Shelly. She’s not a 2D character, she’s multi-dimensional. It just reminds me that you can’t really judge people on how they act in just one circumstance, and just one character trait doesn’t define them as a whole person. I think we all forget that sometimes.

Have you ever gone on a date with someone you found via online dating? No! I don’t even have Tinder. I have, however, gone through some of my friends’ Tinder recommendations with them and picked people for them. That’s always fun.

Name: Liam Rice

Grade: Senior

Major: LCS/Economics

Character and Bio about character: Jeremy. Super neurotic and super sarcastic, Jeremy loves big words, strong women, and the see-through bathroom stalls at Bar Eleven

How are you and your character the same? We are both super sarcastic but still loving to those close to us.

How are you different? Jeremy loves word-of-the-day apps. I am not nearly as nerdy.

Have you learned anything from them? It’s okay to let your guard down and let others get close

Have you ever gone on a date with someone you found via online dating? Yes! It was a blast and honestly not as awkward and dangerous as the older generation would have you think

Name Katie Gauthier

Grade Freshman

Major Communication

Character and Bio about character Jessica:  Hi all! I’m Jessica. I’m a pretty easygoing type of person. I love the outdoors and my friends and I’ve been known to occasionally, “wear the pants,” in some relationships. But for a first date, I’d go anywhere. Preferably involving food. It could be fancy or fast and I’m sure I would enjoy it just the same. Also I’m not exactly a girly girl so any kind of fun, adventurous activity is perfect in my book.

How are you and your character the same? Jessica and I both love food way too much.

How are you different? Jessica is can be selfish, and I like to be generous.

Have you learned anything from them? Fries before guys.

Have you ever gone on a date with someone you found via online dating? Nope, never.

Boston Ma. Undergraduate at Bryant University.