The opinions expressed in this article are the writer’s own and do not reflect the views of Her Campus.
Effective journaling may look like writing all your thoughts and feelings down to get them out of your head and onto a page. This can be a helpful way to cope with the stresses of the day and when you are having really anxious thoughts. It takes consistency and practice to feel comfortable, but it could help you wake up with a clear mind and a fresh start to your day.
However, if you just want to take 10 minutes out of your day to focus on yourself and write for personal growth, this list of ideas is helpful for some inspiration.
- List the top 10 things you love about yourself?
- What’s your dream life? Let’s manifest.
- What things comfort you?
- Write an apology letter to yourself for mistakes you have made in the past year.
- Write a lesson that a past relationship (romantic, familial, or friendship) has taught you.
- What lies about yourself do you need to release?
- What is your new truth? (Turning the negatives to be positive and empowering)
- How do you treat yourself when you are not productive or when you do not achieve a goal? Do you allow myself to rest when needed?
- Who and what in your life takes away energy?
- How can you add more experiences to your life that give you energy?
- Who do you want to be? What does that person look like?
- What would you do if you knew you could not fail? List everything you think is out of reach.
Sources: TikTok @HealingOneDayataTime