Jessica Kline’s Serengetee Adventure

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Name: Jessica Kline

Graduation Year: 2014

Major/Minor: Management – Marketing – Communication

Hometown: Milford, CT

Celebrity Because…I’m the Bryant Brand Ambassador for Serengetee

HC: What exactly is Serengetee?

JK: Serengetee is an apparel and accesories company which gives back immensely.  Each Serengetee product has a fabric pattern which is teamed up with an absolutely amazing cause located in the same area of the globe which the fabric pattern comes from.  Each pattern is designed and created by fabric makers from all over the glove so every time you purhcase a Serengetee, you are helping support local artisans and give back to the community’s cause.  Currently, Serengetee is teamed up with 32 different causes!  It was started up by two college kids, like you and I, who thought working on Wall Street wouldn’t be satisfying enough.  They took part in Semester at Sea and ended up discovering this company!

HC: How did you get involved? How can others on campus get involved?

JK: One of my friends who goes to Franklin & Marshall is a Serengetee ambassador.  After I saw her doing it and figured out exactly what it was, I knew I had to be a part of it.  I jumped on the website and they were luckily accepting applications to be a brand ambassador on your own campus.  I sent in an application and heard back a few weeks later.  For now, I think the easiest way to get involved is to buy some Serengetees!  Because I love Her Campus, I’ll give you guys a 10% discount!  Just enter in the code “jessicakline” at check out and you should be all set (or check out the image below)!  I am working on how I am really going to promote this in the spring so if you’re interested in helping me out, email jkline@bryant.edu.  I will also be graduating soon so if you are interested in becoming an ambassador, it would be great to work with me in the spring and then take my role come the following fall!  It looks awesome on your resume and you are giving back in ways which are unimaginable to some people.

HC: What is your favorite part of being an ambassador and what is the most challenging?

JK: That’s easy-giving back.  I love to give back but finding time in doing so is so terribly difficult with everything I am involved with.  Serengetee does not take up a lot of time at all, maybe an hour a week.  You get out of it what you put into it.  Because I am completely on my own to make this whatever I want it to be, spending an hour a week helping in giving back to the world is an amazing feeling and I have the time for it.  The most challenging would honestly probably be all the freedom I do have with this brand.  This program is just as new the Serengetee as the company is so the managers of the brand ambassadors are learning each day just like we are.  It’s hard to figure out how to be the most creative and awesome while reaching out to your whole campus-aka why I would love help this coming spring!  But, it’s all worth it!

My name is Jaci Kline. I am a freshman at Bryant University. My sister is my best friend. Photography is my hobby. Running is a my favorite activity to do.
Hillary Coombs is a junior at Bryant University studying International Business and Marketing minoring in Chinese and Spanish. She works during the summers at Westminster Tool blogging and updating all social media accounts as well as interning in the International Affairs office. During the fall of 2012, Hillary studied abroad in Salamanca, Spain where she held a marketing internship and perfected her Spanish language. At Bryant, she works in the Office of Planning and Institutional Research gathering crucial university data and presenting it through documents to the President, Deans, and other faculty members of Bryant University. Aside from working and studying Hillary is a member of the Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority and Omicorn Delta Kappa. Hillary finds peace of mind staying active and running in local 5K races.