How to Wear Harem Pants

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Harem pants are up-and-coming casual wear in fashion. They are comfortable and give you a more interesting look then just wearing jeans or leggings. Harem pants are perfect for a night out, dinner with friends, or even a day at work or class. Many people see them in their favorite stores but aren’t sure how to make them look good. Worry not! Her Campus Bryant has some tips to help you with all your harem pant needs!

1. Use a solid-colored shirt! This rule applies especially if your pants have a pattern. Keep the shirt simple.|
  2. Keep the shirt tight! Not everyone feels comfortable being in a skin tight shirt. However, a more fitted crop top, tank or t-shirt will give you the best results with your harem pants.
  3. A pattern or solid color can give you a cute, causal look. Wearing a cute white or black V-neck keeps the look perfect for a day spent running errands or a comfortable day going to classes. If your pants have several colors, pick one of the colors that is pretty subtle and wear a solid shirt of that color. This allows the pattern to pop without over loading the outfit with color. Throw on cute flats, espadrilles or sandals and you are good to go!
  4. When dressing up your harem pants, we strongly suggest a crop top. Typically harem pants come up on the higher side, close to the belly button, so you won’t be showing too much skin. A tight crop top will counteract the flow of the pants, so you don’t feel like everything you’re wearing is flowy. This look complements most people. Stilettos work best if you want to dress up your outfit. Booties or chunky heels are a huge no-no with harem pants. A skinny and strappy heel with perfect your outfit.