How To Prepare For The Career Fair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

This semester, The Amica Center for Career Education will be hosting the career fair Wednesday February 27th!  Have you signed up yet?  The deadline is just days away and every major is welcome to attend so click here to learn how to sign up.  If you didn’t have time to stop by our own career center on campus, and talk with the professionals who know everything under the sun about networking with employees, don’t fret.  

Amy Weinstein, Assistant Director of The Amica Center, was gracious enough to put together a presentation for students to know how to prepare for this night of networking.  80+ organizations will be here to talk with you, offer you internships, jobs, and just career advice in general.  They want you to approach them and talk about your career path, to hand them your resume, and to let them know why you would be a great candidate to work for them.  So, how will you prepare?  Follow Amy’s slides and you’ll be sure to walk out with multiple business cards to follow-up on!  If you missed her presentation and want to learn more, this coming Monday (February 25th) she will be giving her presentation again at 1pm at The Amica Center.  Good luck and keep your eyes out for more career fair-related articles within the next few days.

P.S. Did you know you could win a TJX gift card by putting on your best business outfit?  Click here to find out more!

Jessica is a senior at Bryant University where she is majoring in management and double minoring in marketing and communication.  She holds the position as Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Bryant and was actually one of the first founding members!  Beyond Her Campus Bryant, she is the Vice President of the Bryant Marketing Association and a MyPath Mentor.  She loves working at the Amica Center for Career Education where she manages their marketing and social media efforts but also enjoys her time at the Hassenfeld Institute for Public Leadership and the school's bookstore. When at home in Connecticut, she loves to watch movies with her family, play with her dog, have bonfires with friends, sleepovers with her sister, and scrapbook! Jessica aspires to one day manage her own department of a fortune 500 company, or even run her own company with a little bit of writing on the side!  Upon graduating this coming May, she will jump-start her career at EMC as a Marketing Development Associate in the Marketing Development Program.