This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Dying your hair can be super fun, it also can be a pain sometimes!  Bad dye jobs are far more common than we wish they were. Even if we try our hardest, follow all directions, and keep up with it; the dye usually defeats u.! It fades, it washes away, and all we’re left with is a bad dye job and a major dilemma! Trendy dye jobs are oh so tempting to try but we don’t want to ruin our hair. Here are some tips and tricks we have found to be helpful, but always remember to do your homework before taking the plunge. Your best bet is to go to the hairdresser because you know your hair is safe and it won’t fall out… because that would be bad.

1.     Sometimes expensive isn’t always the best option to dye your hair! If you are looking to dye your hair an unnatural color like pink, red, or blue, Kool-Aid works well and it is only 99 cents. Just get the unsweetened Kool-Aido if not it won’t work as well and your hair will be sticky forever.

2.     Wait to wash your hair for a day or two! Don’t be afraid to go an extra day just to make sure that your dye is in there, just wear a hat on the third day to avoid showcasing a head of greasy hair. But don’t worry your hair will look amazing in the end.

3.     If you want a more permanent color, use a permanent dye! It can be nice to try out a color without all of the pressure first, but if you love the color don’t be afraid to make it permanent!