How to Know You’re “That” Kid in Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Every class has that kid. You know, the one who every time they raise their hand you roll your eyes. Or you get twitter ready because you know whatever they say is going to be universally annoying, and you have to tweet it to see how many favorites you get, validating the fact that they are in fact that kid.

Basically you’re ‘that’ kid if…

…you show up at least 15 minutes early not only to the first class, but to every single one.

…you ask the professor how their weekend or day went as if you actually care.

…you aggressively take notes on the class syllabus.

…you answer the professor’s question before he’s finished asking.

…you raise your hand more than once a class, because let’s be real most students don’t actually want to ‘engage in class discussion’ no matter how many participation points you can earn.

…you don’t put your notes up in the google doc to help those less fortunate students who spent the night before the exam at Rente’s.

And if you think you don’t have one of these kids in your class the chances are, you’re probably that kid.

Senior, marketing major from Pembroke MA.  Marketing and PR Chair for Bryant's Her Campus chapter.  Loves sharks.