How To Bounce Back After Spring Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

As “Prez” Machtley said in his e-mail last night, this Spring Weekend has been one that no one will ever forget. However, it is sadly time to get back into the Bryant Character of Success Mode and prepare to ACE YOUR FINALS. But how can one go from drinking day and night for three days straight, dressing in neon colored clothing, wearing sunglasses to hide your glazed eyes, partying with KAP SLAP, New Boyz and Timeflies, or funneling from two story funnels… to drinking coffees and buckling down to study? It certainly is not an easy task, but here are some words of encouragement to get you motivated, and recommendations on how to “bounce back” from the craziest weekend of the year:

Words of Encouragement:

• “The best way to finish an unpleasant task is to get started.”
  • “Do it once, do it right. Get it over with.” –Nan, CPA Forum member
  • “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure.” – General Colin Powell
  • -“Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted.” – David Bly
  • “The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.”
  • “Procrastination is the thief of time.” – Edward Young
  • “I’m not telling you it is going to be easy, I am telling you it’s going to be worth it.” – Art Williams
  • “Tell the negative committee that meets inside your head to sit down and shut up.” – Ann Bradford
  • ….and most importantly: “Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, worrying won’t make it any better.” – Walt Disney

5 Ways to Bounce Back:

1. Drink tons of water. Your body is bound to be dehydrated and in serious need to some good old water. Use the hydration station in the Unistructure to drink all the water you need, FOR FREE.

2. Make a list. Finish all the tasks on it, and then make another. Writing down everything you have to do will help put your work load into perspective and help you to plan your days.

3. Hit the gym. SWEAT IT OUT! Who knows what you were putting in your body this weekend. Sweat it out and give your body a chance to reset! Working out is also a great way to get your energetic, motivational juices flowing.

4. Get a good night’s sleep. You may not have a ton of time to do this, but at least ONE night of at least the full 8 hours will do your body and mind a great deal of good.

5. Watch this video – Kid President is bound to motivate you:

From Her Campus Bryant to you – we hope you had an amazing Spring Weekend, and now we hope you bounce back fast and ace each and every one of your exams like we know you all can!

Hillary Coombs is a junior at Bryant University studying International Business and Marketing minoring in Chinese and Spanish. She works during the summers at Westminster Tool blogging and updating all social media accounts as well as interning in the International Affairs office. During the fall of 2012, Hillary studied abroad in Salamanca, Spain where she held a marketing internship and perfected her Spanish language. At Bryant, she works in the Office of Planning and Institutional Research gathering crucial university data and presenting it through documents to the President, Deans, and other faculty members of Bryant University. Aside from working and studying Hillary is a member of the Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority and Omicorn Delta Kappa. Hillary finds peace of mind staying active and running in local 5K races.