Holiday Gift Guide: To Him

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

As much as we love Christmas, there’s no denying that it can be the busiest and most stressful time of the year!  Between studying for finals, entertaining guests, and Christmas baking, it’s tough to come up with the perfect gift idea for your man!  Whether you’ve been dating for two weeks or two years, we know exactly what’s first on his Christmas list!

1. Tickets

Give your boyfriend a Christmas gift to remember!  Not only will he be excited for the event, but he will be glad to share it with you.  Get him tickets to just about anything.  His favorite band’s concert, his team’s basketball game, a comedy show, and Blue Man Group are always big hits.  If you take him to a game, give him a jersey and then surprise him with the tickets. Keep them a surprise by making sure his schedule is clear.  This tends to be a great gift for him regardless of how long you’ve been together!

1. Stocking Stuffers

For a more personal Christmas gift, fill a stocking with his favorite things!  Throw in his favorite candies, gum, DVDs, protein bars, a small bottle of cologne, pajama pants, slippers, car air fresheners, boxers, and more.  Be creative!  Run into the dollar store and pick out the things you know he’ll love.  You could even slide his favorite magazine in along with a yearlong subscription.  You know your man better than anyone, so the stocking stuffer ideas will come naturally!

1. Experience

If your goal is to get him a gift he’ll never forget, be spontaneous!  Get him an experience for Christmas!  Experience gifts are easily found on Groupon.  All you have to do is make an account, pick an experience, and buy it!  The best part is that Groupon has huge deals on anything from romantic hot air balloon rides to sky diving to ski rides and more.  This is a great gift to get to know your new boyfriend better or to add some spontaneity to a long term relationship.

1. Wallet

It sounds simple, but he’ll love it!  Get him a new wallet and fill it with gift cards to all his favorite places.  Be sure to include gift cards from his favorite clothing store, restaurant, fast-food chain, and more.  If he’s into sports, throw in a gift card to Dick’s Sporting Goods.  If he’s into cars, get him one from Auto-Zone.  Tie it all together by adding a cute note for him to find later and a picture of the two of you.

1. Coupon Book

If money’s tight this Christmas, make him a coupon book!  It’s sweet, thoughtful, and personalized.  You can make it yourself or personalize it online.  Include coupons for things you know he’ll love such as “good for one breakfast in bed” or “good for a thirty minute back massage”.  This is the gift you’d love to give and the one he’d love to get!

Hillary Coombs is a junior at Bryant University studying International Business and Marketing minoring in Chinese and Spanish. She works during the summers at Westminster Tool blogging and updating all social media accounts as well as interning in the International Affairs office. During the fall of 2012, Hillary studied abroad in Salamanca, Spain where she held a marketing internship and perfected her Spanish language. At Bryant, she works in the Office of Planning and Institutional Research gathering crucial university data and presenting it through documents to the President, Deans, and other faculty members of Bryant University. Aside from working and studying Hillary is a member of the Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority and Omicorn Delta Kappa. Hillary finds peace of mind staying active and running in local 5K races.