This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

The holidays are quickly approaching and we all know what that means… time to deocrate! Although there are a lot of health and safety restrictions when it comes to decor and holiday deocrations, there’s still a way to make your dorm festive and fabulous! Below are a few ideas. 

• Lights: Christmas lights are an awesome way to decorate year round, and as long as they’re hung 3 inches below the ceiling and away from sprinklers, they’re safe! http://www.target.com/c/lights-string-christmas/-/N-5xt2w#?lnk=gnav_christmas|&intc=746084|null
  • Trees: Although we are not allowed to have real pine trees in dorms and suites, fake ones are allowed! Target and Ocean State Job lot are great places to get affordable decorations and fake trees. Don’t forget the cute ornaments and tinsel! Also available at these stores are ornaments that come in sets so you can buy a bunch or some individuals all for low prices. If you’re in the creative mood, you can even make your own ornaments! http://www.target.com/c/ornaments-christmas/-/N-5xt2u#?lnk=gnav_christmas|&intc=746084|null
  • Window Markers: Suites have huge windows which are an awesome blank canvas for festive doodles. Our suite has drawings all over the windows and of course, a countdown to Christmas and Hanukkah! 
  • Garland: Add a little sparkle and shine to your dorm! Hang sparkly garland from your desk and walls to spread some holiday cheer. At the Dollar Tree located in the Lincoln Mall shopping complex, there are silver, gold, green, red, and even jingle-bell garland. The best part is…its only a dollar!
  • Scents: Nothing says Christmas like the smell of pine trees, cookies, and cinnamon. We’re not allowed to have candles in the dorms, but don’t worry! Air fresheners, room sprays, and scented oils are more than welcome, and come in all different winter smells. 
  • Music: Christmas music is the happiest music! Walking into your dorm or suite while Christmas music is playing will surely brighten anyone’s day. We recommend Pandora’s Christmas Radio Station (especially Michael Buble’s Christmas album!). 

Adding any of these to your dorms/suites will most definitely make this stressful time before finals a little more cheerful and merry. Here are some pictures below of our suite decorated for Christmas. Now it’s your turn! So hang those lights, breath in the scents of Christmas, and be stress-free this holiday season. Happy decorating! 

Devon is a senior at Bryant University.  As a Marketing and Communications major, Her Campus is everything that Devon loves. Her hometown of Rutland, Vermont is where she was born and raised.  She attended Philadelphia University for her freshmen year of college as a Fashion Industry Management major, but discovered her true passion was the business aspect of the fashio industry, leading her to transfer to a nationally ranked business school, Bryant University.  Devon is the co-president of the Her Campus chapter at Bryant and is also a Research Assistant in the school's Office of Planning and Institutional Research.  You will see Devon on campus organizing HC events, running around finishing projects, or hanging out with her friends.  Devon's passions include: writing, dance, the ocean, and spending time with the people she loves.