The Highs and Lows of Homecoming Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Homecoming weekend is one of the biggest, most highly anticipated weekends of the year, and 2014 certainly did not disappoint.  Saturday was one for the books both on the field and in the parking lot at the tailgate. In what was arguably one of the football team’s most important wins in program history, the Bulldogs’ 13-10 victory over Maine put them in the national spot light as they earned a top 25 nod.

The rest of Homecoming weekend was a bit tough for the bulldogs. Men’s soccer took a loss to Rider, women’s soccer lost to Akron, and women’s volleyball dropped a pair on Saturday to Hartford and La Salle at the Iona Tournament. On a positive note however, the field hockey team was able to pull out a 5-0 shutout against St. Louis led by Abigail Armstrong’s hat trick (you go girl!)

And although we weren’t able to put checks in all of our “W” columns this weekend, doesn’t a perfect tailgate with all our favorite alumni dawgs always count as victory?

Student-Athlete at Bryant University. Chipotle enthusiast. More likely than not, I'm taller than you.