Highlights from Up Til’ Dawn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Time flies when you’re having fun! Especially when you “Stay Up for Good.” Over 100 students participated in Bryant University’s own Up ‘Til Dawn for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital this past Friday November 7th from midnight until 6 am Saturday morning! It was a night filled with fun and hope, as students came together to celebrate the fundraising of over $32,000 for St. Jude! What an incredible success made possible by the individual fundraising of the students involved! The money raised helps ensure that no family receives a bill from St. Jude and funds innovative research that helps children all over the world. If you missed out on the event this year, make sure to get involved next year!

The MAC was decorated wall to wall in celebration of the fundraising! There was free food, games, raffle prizes, and entertainment throughout the night so no one even realized how late it was!

Students got the chance to pose for a caricature, who did an awesome job!

The first team challenge of the night was a series of minute-to-win-it games, including this challenge to unravel a roll of streamers as fast as you can – but with one hand!

Shout out to the awesome MCs who kept everyone excited and informed throughout the night!

Teams had fun in between challenges with events like Big Bingo by SPB and writing cards for the children of St. Jude.

The second challenge of the night were puzzle games – which turned out to be quite the challenge! Teams raced against the clock to finish three different puzzles before the time ran out.

A highlight of the night was when Kappa Alpha Psi and Sigma Gamma Rho performed!

Eight teams competed in a dogdeball tournament held by Colleges Against Cancer! Everyone enjoyed watching the competition and cheering on!

For those who raised $100 or more, they received a bag of St. Jude SWAG filled with items such as temporary tattoos.

The final challenge of the night was a relay race, which included the tough task of jump roping for a minute straight and tunnel crawling across the MAC! It was a lot of fun participating and watching the teams race against one another to the finish!

The night concluded with award to the top teams and raffle prizes. A Tau Kappa Epsilon team won first place – awesome job guys!

Second Place team was a group of friends from Hall 15!

Third Place was also Tau Kappa Epsilon!

The student organization who raised the most money was the Bulldog Leaders! Congratulations!

The Greek organization who participated the most was Sigma Sigma Sigma!

Thank you to all who participated!