This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Let’s break it down: So you’re a freshman or transfer student, or maybe you just want a refresher on how to get involved on campus. Either way, we’ve got your back at Her Campus Bryant! We hope that this article will give you a brief lesson on terminology that us Bryant students use, that may make your friends at home be like “what is that?” We also have you covered on some helpful tips from getting involved to surviving your first semester. 

The involvement fair is coming up really soon! It will be this Wednesday, 9/10/19 starting at 1 pm. We highly suggest that first-year students take part in going around to all the different tables and talking with members to see which clubs you may want to join. Getting involved on campus is an amazing opportunity that allows you to not only become more involved in the Bryant community but is also a great aspect of building our resumes.

Now, we might be a little biased, but we think you should definitely come to check out the Her Campus table on Wednesday. We are an amazing club that provides support and empowers young women to write about the things they enjoy. Articles can range from topics like fashion to sustainability. We meet every Wednesday at 4:30 pm inside the Ronzio’s meeting room at in Newport House (old Hall 17). Of course, we would love to see new members join the club!

Another helpful tip is to make sure you feel grounded. The transition from high school to college can be a jump for some students, so it’s important to make sure you are checking up on yourself. By this we mean, ask yourself how you are feeling mentally. If you’re feeling stressed out, figure out how you can alleviate this positively. Whether that be going to the gym, taking time to get coffee with friends, or just having time by yourself to relax. College can be very stressful but it’s important to keep doing the things you love to do.

If you love to play tennis, then join club tennis. If you love to act, consider auditioning for the Bryant Players. If you love to plan events, join the Student Programming Board. There is a list of opportunities that Bryant offers that can help you feel like yourself still while getting involved. If you ever need to talk to someone, Bryant offers counseling services that are available as a resource to you. 

Quick Terminology:

• AIC = Academic Innovation Center (The newest academic building on campus, which is the building located closest to the football fields. It’s pretty hard to miss, because it’s all glass)
  • Bello = The library on campus (Upstairs there are study rooms that you can book online, either when working on group projects or needing a quieter place to study with friends)
  • The Mac = the gym.
  • Ronzio’s = the pizza place located in Newport House (old Hall 17) 
  • Salmo = Salmonson Dining Hall (Salmo Scaries occur here)
  • Uni = Unistructure (This is the building where the majority of your classes will probably be held. Inside is the dining hall, as well as the Starbucks café)
Hi my name is Sam! I'm a Senior at Bryant University with a major in Marketing and a concentration in Political Science!
Self-Declared Pizza Connoisseur & Designated Champagne Popper