Heat Up This Winter- With Sex!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

It’s almost that time of year. When the temperature drops below 40, jackets are required, flats aren’t an option, and getting to your man’s room become quite the task (even if its only one hall away). Whether it’s because the heater in your room isn’t working, you dread walking to your partner’s room, or you flat out just don’t want to get out of your flannel pajamas, sex in cold weather can be a task. But wait, it doesn’t have to be! Here are five ways to heat it up in the sheets this winter – without causing you to shiver.

1. Keep the clothes on! Pull a high school move and just slide your panties or pajama shorts to the side. For easier access put a sweatshirt on without panties and a nice pair of fuzzy socks. Your feet control your body temperature, so keep those suckers warm and you should be golden.

2. Steam it up! Head the bathroom, turn the shower on as hot as it goes and hop on the counter. In no time you will be sweating and ripping each other’s clothes off. Obviously, make sure your roomies won’t be there and don’t mind you getting it on in the bathroom – and clean up after!

3. Foreplay anyone?! Take turns heading under the blankets and heating things up. The heat from being under the covers combined with the prolonged tension will be sure to get your blood rushing, and warm you both up a bit.

4. Warming lubes! There are endless varieties of lubricants out there today. Why not try a heating/warming sensation lubricant to help heat things up. Not only will the act be a lot smoother, it is guaranteed to get your blood rushing and make things steamy in the bedroom. Be sure to try the lube on a small section of both you and your partner before going full-fledged with a lube you may be allergic to!

5. Body heat! It’s true, the best way to stay warm is skin to skin contact with another person. You both have immense body heat that can do wonders to keep each other warm. Lose the clothes and crawl under the sheets, wrap each other up in your arms and you’ll be warm in no time. Not only will you warm up, but who doesn’t instantly get turned on from full body skin to skin contact?

Stay warm this winter with your partner and always use protection (available in Health Services and the Women’s Center). Enjoy!

Hillary Coombs is a junior at Bryant University studying International Business and Marketing minoring in Chinese and Spanish. She works during the summers at Westminster Tool blogging and updating all social media accounts as well as interning in the International Affairs office. During the fall of 2012, Hillary studied abroad in Salamanca, Spain where she held a marketing internship and perfected her Spanish language. At Bryant, she works in the Office of Planning and Institutional Research gathering crucial university data and presenting it through documents to the President, Deans, and other faculty members of Bryant University. Aside from working and studying Hillary is a member of the Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority and Omicorn Delta Kappa. Hillary finds peace of mind staying active and running in local 5K races.