Have You Heard About Serengetee?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Looking for a way to support a growing company, donate to multiple foundations around the world, and add some new cute t-shirts to your closet? Maybe it’s time to look into Serengetee and do some shopping.

What is Serengetee?

Serengetee is a social venture clothing company run solely by a team of college students. As stated on their website, the idea for Serengetee came while three college friends were traveling the world on Semester at Sea, a floating campus study abroad program. Upon their return they decided to create a new clothing brand with the simple mission of giving back to the communities that inspire their products.

How it works:

Customers select a pocket made from one of over 50 fabrics. Serengetee invests in fabric-makers abroad by purchasing their patterns, but the company gives back in a more direct manner as well. Each fabric corresponds to a foundation affiliated with the region it’s from. Five percent of every purchase goes back to the supported cause, and there are currently 32 causes around the world that they are supporting.

With their slogan being, “Wear the World, Change the World,” Serengetee is bound to make a difference. The company just turned two years old and has just reached 175k likes on Facebook. If you are interested in supporting Serengetee’s mission, take a look at their website or contact Bryant’s Serengetee Campus Representative, Aubrey Mable!