Frozen Yogurt Do’s and Don’ts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Is there really a time of day where college students, specifically us ladies, are not in the mood for a giant cup of frozen yogurt (fro-yo)? That time does not exist. Trying to choose the absolute perfect toppings and flavors for my fro-yo creation can be quite stressful. So what did we do?  Create the perfect guide to the Do’s and Don’ts of frozen yogurt.

#1: DO SAY YES TO PEANUT BUTTER! (Allergic? Maybe stay away from it…)

Peanut butter has the effect of turning around a day and starting fresh. Mixing peanut butter into any type of frozen yogurt is never a bad idea; topping it off with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, caramel turtles, nuts, and peanut butter sauce is the best decision you will ever make in your lifetime. (Unless, of course, you make the decision to watch all six seasons of Gossip Girl again for the fifth time. Close competition).

#2: DON’T MIX IN GUMMY BEARS AND GUMMY WORMS, THEY FREEZE!

Once a gummy bear is put into the fro-yo, it freezes! It is almost impossible to chew and even more impossible when chocolate hardens around it. But this doesn’t mean to not eat the delicious gummy candies! Gummy bears and worms are secretly meant for eating as you make your actual dessert! (The frozen yogurt shop just doesn’t advertise that way!)

#3: DO MIX TOGETHER DIFFERENT FLAVORS OF FROZEN YOGURT!

Feeling in the mood for some pomegranate or blueberry frozen yogurt but still want a creamy side to it? Mix any fruity or bitter flavor with a vanilla, chocolate, or cake batter, and you have made yourself a perfect concoction of sweet, creamy, TASTINESS!

#4: DON’T OVER LOAD YOUR CUP!

$0.49 an ounce can really add up when you are adding in three swirls of frozen yogurt and ten different toppings. But here is a secret- Put your toppings into your cup first, this way you see how much you are adding instead of burying it on top of yogurt! By putting tiny amounts of the candy and fruit you want, you are satisfying your craving for those delicious add-ins. There is no need to put ten scoops of Twix and five chunks of pineapple when you’re really only craving a bite of each! 14 ounces later and your yogurt suddenly becomes a little pricey…

#5: DO ALWAYS USE DIVIDERS!

A lot of fro-yo places are answering the sweet tooth Gods and offering dividers for your cup-yes, you can literally divide the flavors and toppings. This makes for a perfect frozen yogurt where your crazy chocolate mixture doesn’t touch your fruit and your fruit doesn’t touch your crazy chocolate mixture.  One side fruit and granola, the other side chocolate and sugar…right?!

Her Campus Bryant’s Two Favorite Mixtures!

#1 Dulche de Leche frozen yogurt, topped with Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, caramel turtles, cookie dough, toffee, and peanut butter sauce.

#2: Pomegranate and vanilla bean, topped with strawberries, mango, blueberries, and granola.

Don’t forget, Kiwi Burst gives a 10% discount to Bryant students!!! Go get your favorite frozen yogurt now!

My name is Jaci Kline. I am a freshman at Bryant University. My sister is my best friend. Photography is my hobby. Running is a my favorite activity to do.
Hillary Coombs is a junior at Bryant University studying International Business and Marketing minoring in Chinese and Spanish. She works during the summers at Westminster Tool blogging and updating all social media accounts as well as interning in the International Affairs office. During the fall of 2012, Hillary studied abroad in Salamanca, Spain where she held a marketing internship and perfected her Spanish language. At Bryant, she works in the Office of Planning and Institutional Research gathering crucial university data and presenting it through documents to the President, Deans, and other faculty members of Bryant University. Aside from working and studying Hillary is a member of the Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority and Omicorn Delta Kappa. Hillary finds peace of mind staying active and running in local 5K races.