Foods to Combat Midterms Week Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

With midterms week upon us, it can be difficult to combat the stress. We’ve compiled a list of foods that’ll help you survive and make it to spring break. 

Tea that helps you de-stress

Chamomile Tea: well-known for its abilities to reduce nerves and makes you calm. This super tea even helps with insomnia!

Green Tea: this tea soothes and promotes relaxation. This is also a healthy alternative for caffeinated drinks, but still gives you a boost to get your studying done.

Mint Tea: mint, peppermint, and spearmint alike sooth and relax your mind while helping an upset stomach at the same time!

Food that helps you chill out

Avocados and Bananas: these two super foods are loaded with potassium which is a vital mineral for keeping blood pressure low.

Fish: fish is brain food! It also helps manage adrenaline levels, which keep you cool, calm, and collected!

Whole wheat pretzels: whole wheat snacks are the way to go this week. The fiber fills you up and the carbs offer an energy boost, which triggers the brain to release our favorite feel-good chemical called serotonin.

Carrots: crunchy foods help with stress, and these veggies won’t bog you down with too many calories.

Yogurt: this food helps when you’re feeling stressed. Go for the yogurt instead of the ice cream!

Chocolate: dark chocolate is known to lower levels of stress hormones. Go ahead ladies, use this as your excuse to eat chocolate all week long!