Favorite on Screen Kisses: Rain Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

We thought that since this month has hardly given us anything but rain, we would give you guys a rain themed article.  The rain sucks; our hair frizzes, our makeup runs, and the weather makes you want to lay in bed all day.  But there is one thing about the rain that we love, and that is romantic kisses.  In our all-time favorite movies there is always a dramatic, and very romantic scene of the main characters kissing in the rain that we all hope will someday happen to us.  So in honor of the recent terrible weather, here is a ranking of our favorite on screen kisses: rain edition.

10: Sweet Home Alabama

Our hearts melted when Melanie and Jake’s kiss in the rain matched the first scene when they had their first kiss together as kids. 

9: The Vampire Diaries

Everyone who watches The Vampire Diaries has been waiting for this moment between Elena and Damon.  The rain only makes the scene even more romantic than it already is, with Damon promising to be with Elena forever.

8: Four Weddings and a Funeral

This movie from 1994 with heartthrob Hugh Grant makes it on the list with its final scene.  Of course there was a declaration of love and romantic kiss in the pouring rain, our favorite kind of ending to a movie.

7: The Best of Me

Nicholas Sparks has a way to make our hearts melt with every story he writes. And in The Best of Me we fell in love with Dawson and Amanda.

6: Friends

When Ross and Rachel finally tell each other they loved each other and had their first kiss at Central Perk.  Technically is wasn’t in the rain, just raining outside, but we still count it

5: The Office

Everyone who watched The Office fell in love with Jim and Pam.  Their engagement scene at the gas station in the rain was perfect!

4: Dear John

We love any movie that Channing Tatum is in.  But he was especially great in Nicholas Sparks’ Dear John, and we all wished we were Amanda Seyfried in that scene.

3: A Cinderella Story

In high school we were all obsessed with this movie.  And when Austin said “I’m sorry I waited for the rain” it made our hearts melt!

2: Breakfast at Tiffany’s

This movie is a classic and one of the first memorable kisses in the rain.  The dramatic search for Holly’s cat, ending with a romantic kiss in the rain between her and Paul with the cat squished in between, was a perfect ending to this film   

1: The Notebook

There was probably no question in anyone’s mind that The Notebook would take the number one spot.  When they declared that they never stopped loving each other, and Noah said “It wasn’t over, it still isn’t over”, we all wanted a love like Noah and Allie.