burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Do’s and Dont’s of Classroom Attire

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Summer is over, but the weather has stayed! This is where the confusion sets in for classroom attire. We’re not in high school anymore, which means no dress code, BUT you must always look presentable for the classroom. For some people, going out and going to class look the same. Summer outfits are too cute to put away while it is still hot outside, we all understand that. We all adore crop tops but save them for the weekends!

Here are some dos and don’ts for the classroom:

DO’S

1)      Cardigans– it’s as simple as that! If you have a really cute outfit that you NEED to show off, do it! A simple cardigan can make most shirts look proper enough for classroom attire. Throw in a statement necklace and rock it!

2)      Arm’s length ladies-we all have those cute dresses and skirts, but make sure they are appropriate for class! All dresses and skirts should be at least arm’s length so you can bend and move around without showing just a little too much…Just because it’s a little bit longer doesn’t mean it’s not cute! Just remember this is class, not the beach.

3)      Throw on a cami- some shirts may be a little see through but you can’t help wanting to wear them! Just throw a simple cami under the shirt and you’re fine. The best part about camis is that they come in different colors so you can switch it up all the time!

DON’TS

1.)     Forget to put the cleavage away- “show what your momma gave you”…on weekends. We know for some girls it’s hard to find shirts that can hold you all in, but make sure you’re not showing too much off. Always remember you need to look presentable not only for your classmates but for your professor too!

2.)     Spandex- gym attire consists of all types of outfits. Spandex shorts are great for girls during this hot heat- but keep them for the gym. Wearing workout clothes to class is acceptable, no one will judge! However, wearing spandex to class may be distracting for some and possibly uncomfortable. Wear something more fitting for class and go crazy for the gym!

3.     Crop tops- This one is a big one! We know crop tops are in right now, BUT be aware of your surroundings!! Crop tops are so cute, but leave them for after class or the weekends when everyone shows off the midriff. There is never a good excuse to wear a crop top to class. Just remember, this is college, but you need to be respectful of what you look like in front of your professors. 

We hope this helps all you collegiettes out there! Remember keep it classy and have fun!

I am currently a junior at Bryant Univerity. I am a Human Resources Management major with a minor in Communications. 
Megi is the Snapshot Chair for HerCampus Bryant!•Position: Fashion and Style/ Snapshot Editor•Class:  Senior 2015•Hometown: Waterbury, CT •Major/Minor: Biology/Business Administration •Fun Fact: Can speak Albanian!