Danny Zuko aka Will Tondo; The Troy Bolton of the Army

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Name: Will Tondo

Grade: Freshman

Hometown: Southold, New York (Long Island)

Major/ Minor: Marketing and Finance Major and Communications Minor

HC: How did you get involved in ROTC?

WT: I was in JROTC in High School and my Dad was in the Army and I wanted to follow his footsteps. Having a lot of role models that were military officers, I wanted to be like them and I also had a passion to serve my country. I was very lucky that Bryant ROTC gave me that opportunity.

HC: How did you get involved in musical theatre?

WT: I joined my old school district’s Drama Club in the sixth grade, and I was lucky enough to get the role of Jack in “Into the Woods”. After my first performance, I fell in love, and the rest is history. In high school I was involved with many things such as JROTC, Student Government, and Varsity Football, but nothing was more amazing then the Drama Club. It was an amazing experience that truly changed my life. I have been very fortunate to be a part of many productions and got to portray many characters such as Kenickie in “Grease”, Benny in “Rent”, and Gomez in “The Addams Family”.

HC: So we hear you’re Danny Zuko, how has the musical process been at Bryant?

WT: Yes! I was very fortunate to be casted as the lead role Danny in our school’s production of “Grease”. The process has been great! We have a VERY talented cast and it’s been a lot of fun getting back on the stage. That was my fear after my last performance my senior year, I thought I would never have the opportunity to perform in a musical and I am very blessed that the Bryant Players gave me another chance.

HC: What are some things we should know about Bryant’s performance of Grease?

WT: Bryant’s production of Grease will be the best show that it has ever thrown. You’ll see a ton of familiar faces from around campus up on stage singing and dancing to some of the Grease classics such as “Summer Nights”, “Greased Lighting”, and “We Go Together”. It is definitely something you guys shouldn’t miss. Grease is a great show and the Bryant Players are thrilled to put it on.

HC: Where can we buy tickets?

WT: There will be ticket stands by Salmo all next week and you can also buy them at the door. There is also an online link that you can find all over social media. Tickets are going fast, so definitely get them while you can! 

HC: What else are you involved in on campus?

WT: Besides being a Cadet in ROTC and an actor of Bryant Players, I am the Opinion and Photography editor of the Archway Newspaper, a Student Ambassador, a Bulldog Leader for next semester, and currently one of the re-founding fathers of a fraternity we are trying to start on campus.

HC: What else should we know about you?

WT: I love photography, singing, working out and hanging out with friends. I love my family and my dog Grissom. And I am extremely happy that I chose Bryant as my college. Our school is absolutely incredible and you can succeed here. I am blessed to be a bulldog.

HC: Any shout outs?

WT: I wanted thank my parents and siblings for always being supportive, as well as my beautiful girlfriend Erika. Shout out the Jabrones and The Bekfest Club Hall 16 boys. I also wanted to thank everyone who has always supported me throughout the years.  I also wanted to thank Casey Marak for this Campus Cutie Article.

HC: Any final comments?

WT: Grease is the word! I hope to see everyone at the shows on April 1st-3rd, you won’t be disappointed!

Don’t forget to buy your tickets to see Will and the rest of the cast of Grease April 1st-3rd!

Bryant University Class of 2019I can watch a whole series on Netflix in less than a month and feel no remorse... same with eating an entire pint of Phish Food.