Conor Brosnan: Love Your Melon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Name: Conor Brosnan

Year: Sophomore

Major/Minor: International Business – Double Concentration Accounting / French

Hometown: Holyoke, MA

Favorite Food: Chicken Parm

Favorite Part of Bryant: How nice and friendly everyone is. It’s like one big family

HC: How did you first come across Love Your Melon?

CB: I got a wristband from LYM and decided to google what it was. I found their website and saw how amazing their mission was and was inspired by it.

HC: What inspired you to start a Love Your Melon chapter here at Bryant?

CB: I saw how amazing their cause was. Seeing the look on a child’s face when a super hero walks into their room to give them a hat is priceless. I knew that Love Your Melon made a difference to these kids, and I wanted to help. No child should have to undergo something as terrible as cancer and cancer treatment. 

HC: Recently, you guys went to deliver hats at an event at Hasbro Children’s Hospital in Providence, what did you guys do there?

CB: At Hasbro, me and a couple other members dressed up as super heroes and donated 50 LYM hats to the children there who are currently undergoing cancer treatment. We were there for about two hours, and just hung out and played with some of the kids. For the children who were not able to get out of bed, we went to their rooms to surprise them and tried to put a smile on their face.

HC: What was the best part of your time at the Hasbro hospital?

CB: The best part of going to Hasbro was seeing how happy the children and their families were. These kids are going through something that no one should have to experience. Seeing how happy it made them to know that we are rooting for them was just amazing. They are the real super heroes!