Columbus Day Weekend Activities in RI

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.
Two big events in Rhode Island for Columbus Day Weekend include Oktoberfest and the Annual Columbus Day Festival on Federal Hill! Below, we’ve provided you with a description of each event to inform you of all the fun that’s in store for this weekend!!

1. Oktoberfest – Newport, Rhode Island

Oktoberfest on the Newport waterfront; the official sendoff to summer, and salute to the arrival of autumn. Join us for our annual reunion of friends and family enjoying the tastes, sights, and sounds of our little Bavaria by the Bay. Seasonal brews, and savory German cuisine compliment the lively and spirited sound of music spilling from the Biergartens. This year, there will be two Biergartens and expanded outdoor courtyard space for endless amounts of festivities. Prost! A Ticket for Saturday, October 11th is $20 in advance!

2. Annual Columbus Day Festival on Federal Hill – Providence, Rhode Island: The Federal Hill Commerce Association will be hosting its Annual Columbus Day Festival October 12th – October 14th on historic Federal Hill. This Italian Festival attracted close to 100,000 people in 2012 from across Southern New England. The weekend festival is all about bringing people together for a great time to enjoy wonderful food and entertainment with family and friends. It has been recognized as one of the best festivals to attend. Grand Opening Ceremonies will be on Saturday October 12th at 12:00pm at DePasquale Square. There will be live entertainment at three locations on Atwells Avenue and admission is free!

Have fun, Collegiates, and don’t forget to take pictures!!