Campus Spotlight: Co-President of Velocity Dance Team, Stephanie Gagnon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Velocity Dance Team has been working hard all year in preparation for their end-of-the-year EXPO. This year, the theme is Good As Gold and features dances by Velocity Dance Team, Advanced Evolution Dance Team, and a singing performance by Carl LaRosa, ’19. The show is this Saturday, April 13, at 7pm in Janikies. Tickets for students can be purchased for $3 in the Rotunda every day this week 10-2. Adult tickets are $5. All tickets at the door will be $5. You will not want to miss this show! 

We sat down with Stephanie Gagnon, Co-President and Co-Captain of Velocity to learn about the show and her dance experience! 

Year: Senior

Hometown: Douglas, MA

Major/Minor: Double major in Marketing and Human Resources, minor in Communication

Her Campus: How long have you been dancing?

Stephanie Gagnon: Since 8th grade. I started dancing at my town’s local dance studio, Dance Sensation.

Freshman Year 

HC: What is your favorite style of dance?

SG: It’s a tie between hip-hop and contemporary.

HC: What has been your favorite Velocity performance in the past 4 years?

SG: This year’s i2i performance.

Sophomore Year 

HC: Why did you want to become Velocity Co-President?

SG: Velocity is my favorite thing I am involved in on campus and it has been since freshman year. I love the group of girls we have this year and we all support each other. 

HC: What is your favorite dance in EXPO?

This year my favorite dance in EXPO is Bed by Nicki Minaj ft. Ariana Grande. It is a hip-hop dance and I’m excited to be able to perform it. My favorite dance that we have done throughout my time on Velocity would have to be last year’s Sound of Silence contemporary dance.

Junior Year 

HC: If you could only do one style of dance, what would it be?

SG: Hip-hop because it is more upbeat/fun to dance to.

HC: Do you have any fun facts about yourself?

SG: I have a black lab named Ember that we picked out after EXPO freshman year! I am attending Bryant next year for my MBA. I love traveling! I went to Iceland in January and I’m going on a cruise to Italy, France, and Spain in June as a graduation gift from my parents.

Senior Year

If you are interested in joining Velocity next year, email dance@bryant.edu for more information. 

Kim Flynn

Bryant '19

Fan of puppies and Starbucks. Avid koozie collector. You can usually find me with my shoe untied.