Campus Cuties: Meghan Mullen and Katlyn Twomey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Meghan Mullen – VP of Recruitment for Panhellenic Council

Hometown – North Attleboro, MA

Major – IB Marketing

HC: Why did you join Greek Life and/your favorite parts/moments of being in a sorority?

MM: I joined because I made a really good connection with women in Greek Life when I was a freshman. They seemed so confident and cool, and so involved on campus. I wanted to be like them throughout my time here at Bryant.

HC: What was your role for Formal Recruitment/what did you do, and what were your duties?

MM: I was the Vice President of Recruitment for the Panhellenic Council this past year, so I was in charge of planning formal recruitment from an outside logistical standpoint. I had a team of recruitment counselors working for me to help the potential new members be guided through the weekend. I was in charge of coordinating those counselors and their time, as well as making sure the entire weekend was run smoothly. I was also the head recruitment for all of sorority life for the past year, and planned many events to get potential new members to sign up and participate in recruitment.

HC: What was your favorite part of the weekend?

MM: My favorite part of the weekend was seeing all of the women find their homes and run down to their new sorority at Bid Night!

HC: Any funny/embarrassing stories from this weekend?

MM: When all of the new members ran down to their respective sororities, I lost it. I never cry, nor show much emotion, but something about the happiness of what was happening made me so emotional and I started bawling with joy! It made me truly remember why I love being in a sorority.

Katlyn Twomey – Head of Rho Gamma

Hometown– Paramus, NJ

Major- Accounting, Minor in Political Science

HC: Why did you join Greek Life at Bryant?

KT: Just before my sophomore year I was lucky enough to be a Bulldog Leader and I met some really amazing people involved in Greek Life. They were role models and mentors for me — the kind of leaders I wanted to grow up to be throughout my Bryant career, so I joined Greek Life too!

HC: What has been your favorite part about being in a sorority?

KT: My favorite part about being in a sorority is the unexpected relationships you form with women inside and outside of your own chapters — both students and advisors. I have been really lucky to find some amazing mentors and close Panhellenic sisters throughout my time in Greek Life.

KT: This year, I was the head Rho Gamma for Formal Recruitment. I was the head of a team of 9 women (plus Meg) who guided the potential new members through the weekend, and help each of them find their home on our campus. My duties ranged from training and administrative tasks, to talking to potential new members as they made their ultimate decisions. It was one of the most rewarding roles I have had at Bryant.

KT: Honestly, seeing the Rho Gamma team interact with all the PNMs was the best part of the weekend. They are an amazing group of women and I am so glad I was able to get to know them all so well! I think that they were a huge reason why so many women found their homes. 

College Senior from CT