This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Name: Josh Mora

Graduation year: 2017

(Photo creds to Jackie Xu. Shoutout Berkeley)

HC: What’s your major/minor?

Josh: My Major is Applied Math and Stats, Concentration in Literary & Cultural Studies, and  Minor in Marketing.

HC: What clubs are you involved in on campus?

Josh: I’m on the eboard for the Multicultural Student Union, and I’m also a part of Spoon University.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about MSU?

Josh: We get to explore the diversity within Bryant, and discuss a lot of social issues. It might not be as explicit and not that noticeable, but there is diversity and it’s nice to acknowledge that. We get to hear about experiences and perspectives from both international and domestic students.

HC: What are your plans after graduation?

Josh: My goal is to get my Master’s Degree in Statistics, and then maybe get a separate Master’s Degree in Global Development Policy or Development Practice. I’ve always been a huge numbers guy and I’m really passionate about social justice both in local communities as well as in the Philippines, where my parents are from, so I think both of those disciplines align perfectly with what I want to do in the future. Years from now, I just want to be able to say I improved the lives of other people and I really think that’s what my purpose is.

HC: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

Josh: I would say Singapore. I went there for SIE and it was just absolutely breathtaking, and had both a westernized vibe but also stayed rooted with its Asian roots. It’s also relatively easy to travel around Southeast Asia from there, so that’s definitely a trip I need to make again some day, sooner than later.

HC: What’s your ideal date?

Josh: That really depends on what city I’m in with my girlfriend. In San Francisco or LA or big cities, it’d probably just be something simple like walking around and eating food at small bakeries. Maybe do pretend photoshoots so the Instagram feed and Snapchat stories are poppin. In Rhode Island, I’d probably take her to Newport, go around the Cliff Walk, and have a picnic. Something simple.

HC: What are your words to live by?

Josh: I have a tattoo that says “Ancora Imparo.” It’s Italian for “Yet I’m still learning.” It’s a Michelangelo quote from when he was in his 80’s, and it’s just about having the mindset that no matter how old you are, there’s still things to learn.

HC: Do you have pets?

Josh: I have a dog named Jillie, who I’ve had since the summer before freshman year. She was sort of my replacement in the house once I left. She’s a keeshond.

HC: Favorite thing to do on the weekend?

Josh: Get boba. Take hip hop dance classes in either Providence or Boston. Wander around and take photos. Anything to get off campus.

HC: Who’s your role model?

Josh: I grew up watching Fresh Prince of Bel Air, so I always tried to emulate that jokester vibe Will Smith had while I was growing up. I’m also a fan of Joseph Gordon-Levitt, both in his movie roles and in his other endeavors off-screen. I just think his style and demeanor is so cool and effortless.

HC: What’s your favorite song?

Josh: That honestly changes every week. A couple days ago I had nothing but Sade on repeat, but recently I rediscovered T-Pain’s hits from like 2006, 2007. “Bartender” has definitely been on repeat. Underrated track.

HC: Anything else you want people to know?

Josh: MSU Mondays in 2C at 3:30.

Senior at Bryant University